Chapter 8: Phoebe

This past few days, Aria and I have been really close. Even my parents and Grandpa was shocked to see how close we are.

Before we don't even talk to each other. She don't even look at my eyes though I sometimes look at her but we're like a strangers even though we are living in the same house.

Now we go to school together and go home together.

I was going out from the library when Phoebe suddenly appeared infront of me.

She put her hands on her waist and looking at me with her pouty lips.

"Are you ignoring me?" she asked.

When I saw her, I unconciously look around. My heart beats fast in nervous.

The first thing that came into my mind was Aria.

"I-I'm not. I'm just busy this days."

She look at me suspiciously.

"Then why didn't you tell me? I don't have someone to be with this past few days. We're always together when lunch and even in going home and in studying in the library."

She started to narrate how close we are. I scartched my neck and laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry." I apologize sincerely.

She sneered but then clinged her arm on mine.

"Fine but don't do this again! Okay? I feel sad when I don't eat with you. I feel like you're ignoring me."

I slowly removed her arm on mine.

"I'm not angry or anything, it's just t-that... you know we can't always be together. You should try and get closer to other girls, there's so many people who wants to be friends to you." I explained.

I can't say that I can't be with her most of the time because someone might get angry again and ignore me.

I don't know why but I feel scared if she ignore me again. I wanna figured it out but I'm scared to face the truth.

I'll just let it this way.

"I don't want to. I'm more happy hanging out with you. I don't need anyone unless it's you." she said then smiled.

I felt something different when she said that. I don't know what to say anymore.

Even though I tried to ignored it and think there's it's nothing wrong about what she said, it keeps on flashing back on my mind till the day ends.

I just forget about it when I think about Aria. Class ended already so I'm looking for her. We go home together since that day.

When I got out of the room, I didn't see her standing on the wall where she is waiting for me since her class ended more fast than mine.

She said that the acceleration of her grade are near. We'll be the same grade, till now I'm still praising her on my mind. How can she be this genius?

I tried to wait for her for a few minutes but then she's still not here. I walked to her classroom but there's no one there already.

At that moment, I suddenly felt sad and nervous at the same time. I went home after I didn't find her anywhere.

When our driver came, I asked him right away if Aria went home already.

"Miss Aria? Oh, she called me earlier to pick her up. I was so confused because the class isn't yet finish. I heard your Mom asked her why, she said she's not feeling well."

The anxious that I felt earlier turned into worry.

"Let's go to the pharmacy and supermarket first before we go home."