Prologue

(2 years before present)

(Y/n) POV)

"I'm lost... again..." I stared around at the unfamiliar landscape around me. I was on a small island with one noticeable mountain on it surrounded by dense forest. It seemed like no one lived here. 'I don't think those pirates are here. Then again, pirates do pick odd places to camp out.' I sighed as I just started walking in a random direction.

???: "Now I, Damien The Useless will be useless no longer! This island is known for it's cantaloupe, and one of those cantaloupe has become a devil fruit!"

'Found my guy.' I turned towards the direction of his voice, and began heading towards it.

Damien: "Cheer for me men as this is a monumental part of my life!" Half assed cheering comes from a smallish crowd of around twenty or so pirates. I passed through the tree line, and spotted my target. Blonde hair to about the shoulder, sea blue eyes, pale skin, around 5'6, a bit on the chubbier side. Definitely my guy. He raised the devil fruit to his mouth and opened wide. I raised my arm out to the left, and Masamune appeared in my hand shortly after. The 8 ft. sword caught the attention of some of the pirates. I quickly jumped at Damien and cut his hand clean off, and watched the devil fruit fall to the ground with a quiet thump.

"Hmm... Now ain't this an interesting sight." Damien was currently staring at his lack of a hand as I reached down and picked up the fruit. "Say, Damien-san~... you gonna eat this?" I tossed the odd colored cantaloupe up and down as Damien finally came to his senses. He looked into my eyes as tears fell from his. A stench became to come from him as he shook his head. "Living up to your name to the very end." I smirked before quickly beheading the man. I stuffed the devil fruit into my bag and turned to his "crew" who seemed happy. "Alright, you've all got two options! Leave, or die. Make your choice!" The pirates all decided to leave as they hopped on their ship and began sailing away. 'That went way easier than I expected.' I turned back to Damien's corpse, and picked up his detached head. I placed his head on his chest and made his hands prop it up. "That's better. Now... let's go return this devil fruit."

🏴‍☠️

"Here ya go, Lady Demetrix." I hand her the devil fruit and the elderly woman smiles at me.

Lady Demetrix: "Oh, thank you, young man! This fruit has been passed down my family for generations. There's a legend behind it that we've spent trying to figure out, but all we've ever gotten from it is we'll know when it's necessary."

"Oh really?" She nods.

Lady Demetrix: "You see, when I grabbed this fruit from you I saw something. A vision of a green haired boy fighting for his family. Only one of them were actual blood related family. The rest were friends who are considered family. But... there was one thing that stood out amongst all of that. A large blade, it was around 8 ft. long." I chuckled as I summoned Masamune.

"I think I understand where you're going with this." Lady Demetrix smiles and holds the fruit out to me again.

Lady Demetrix: "Yes, I believe you are the one I saw in my vision. You have a brother, do you not?"

"Yeah, I do. I haven't seen him in a few years though." I gently take the fruit from her, and hold it in front of my face.

Lady Demetrix: "You will meet again in roughly two years time. Now eat up! The quicker you eat, the sooner the taste goes away." I took a deep breath before chomping down on the fruit. It took a few bites, but I eventually managed to swallow the horrid tasting fruit down. I coughed and tears welled up in my eyes.

"Ugh... No wonder... some people... hesitate when eating those things..." Lady Demetrix rubs my back gently with a smile.

Lady Demetrix: "You did good. You should know what the fruit is capable of, right?"