Chapter 4

(Y/n) POV)

Zoro and I were carrying Luffy's cage, but I could see Zoro was in pain.

"You breathed some in didn't you?" He coughed up a bit of blood, and hesitantly nodded. "I've got the cage Zoro." He ignored me.

Zoro: "Luffy... Who's she?"

Luffy: "Oh, she's our navigator!"

Nami: "Get serious! Who are you guys?!"

Zoro: "Move! You're in the way!" He rips the cage out of my hands, and lifts it by himself.

"Your stubbornness will get you killed."

Nami: "Why would you go that far? You're a pirate!"

"Some pirates will protect their crew with their lives. Those two are just that."

🏴‍☠️

Zoro had given up on carrying the cage, and let me help him drag it across town. We pulled Luffy in front of what looked to be a pet shop when Zoro collapsed. A dog was in front of the shop.

Zoro: "What's with this dog?"

Luffy: "Dog!" As Luffy hobbled the cage closer to the dog I went over to Zoro's side. I picked him up, and leaned him against the beam supporting the overhang. "Hey, Zoro! It's not moving at all!"

Zoro: "Hell if I care! It can do whatever it wants!"

Luffy: "I wonder if it's dead?!" Luffy reached out and poked the dog... and then it bit him... on the face. Zoro looked shocked, I was laughing, and Luffy was screaming in pain. "What're you doing, stupid dog?!"

Zoro: "Do you know the situation we're in right now?!" Zoro fell over after his screaming, and the dog finally let go.

Luffy: "Damn dog!" Footsteps were approaching us as I finally got my laughter in check. "Heya, navigator!"

Nami: "I guess you can have this, since you did save me!" Nami threw a key to Luffy.

Luffy: "Oh! The key to the cage! You went and got it for me?!"

Nami: "Don't get the wrong idea! I just didn't want to wind up owing you!"

Luffy: "I'm saved!" As he reached to grab the key... the dog ate it. We all stared shocked for a second before Luffy begins strangling the dog as he attempted to get it to spit the key out. "Stupid dog! Stupid dog! That's not food! Gimme that key back! Give it back! Give it back!"

???: "Stop that!"

Nami: "Huh?"

???: "Quit bullying Chouchou, you young'uns!"

Luffy: "Chouchou?" The old man who yelled at us walked over to Zoro.

Zoro: "Who're you, old man?"

Mayor: "I'm this town's mayor! Who are you?!" He then noticed Zoro's health. "Huh? My, you don't seem too be doing to well! I take it Buggy went after you folks, too? We need to get you to a doctor!"

'A doctor can't fix this... I hope he didn't breathe enough in for it to be fatal.' The mayor picked Zoro up, and carried him inside. The two were in there for a couple minutes before the mayor came back out.

Luffy: "How's Zoro?"

Mayor: "He needs to see a doctor, but he said he'd sleep it off and went to bed." The dog yawned before Nami reached over to try and pet it.

Nami: "So this dog's name is Chouchou?"

Luffy: "What's it just sitting here for?"

Mayor: "It's guarding the shop."