Chapter 7

(Y/n) POV)

I had quickly flew off while the two spoke. Now that I had my jacket again, there was nothing holding me there. Plus, there's nobody else to fight anyway. Sadly, my ship was destroyed by the Buggy Ball from earlier. Which was just great.

"Of course, it never gets easier does it?" I heard some sort of stampede barreling through the town. I sighed as I brought my wings back to their full glory and flew off in some fucking direction.

🏴‍☠️

Landing at a random island affectionately referred to as (Insert Island Name Here), I retracted my wings before throwing my jacket back on as I began walking through the kind of busy town. I'm still getting used to people not recognizing me. I guess my work in the South Blue hasn't been noticed here in the East Blue.

I noticed as I traveled that these people looked surprisingly battle hardened. It seems that I'm in some sort of mercenary town. This could be good for me... Maybe I could find some actually useful work instead of just almost killing my brother. Anyway, as anybody should do when looking for work or information, I was heading to a bar.

As I entered the establishment, I noticed that things were already getting pretty rowdy. I noticed as the doors closed behind me, the people of the tavern all looked my way. They seemed to recognize who I was... Bout fucking time.

Barkeep: "Well ain't you a sight for sore eyes!" My eyes moved from the groups of people to the man running the bar.

"Isshin, it's been a long time hasn't it. I'm surprised you set up shop out here."

Isshin: "Haha! You should know by now, I run shops all over the world!" I shake my head with a slight smile as I sit down at one of the barstools.

"That's true. Sometimes I forget just how useful that devil fruit of yours is."

Isshin: "Considering how little you stop by my places, I can see why you'd forget. But, I know you didn't come here for small talk. Here, looks like Arlong has pissed off plenty of people, and said people are offering a lot of money for his death."

"Arlong? He's a fishman right?" I grabbed the bounty poster as well as a box full of notes from people wanting Arlong dead.

Isshin: "Yeah, and if it wasn't you, I wouldn't have sent anybody."

"He's that strong?"

Isshin: "Maybe, maybe not."

"And how far away is the island I'm going to find him on?"

Isshin: "Just fly until you see something named Arlong Park. Giving you directions is useless."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

Isshin: "You know damn well what that means! So get out there and start flying!"

"One of these days I'm going to kill you." I spoke as I stood as I began walking out of the bar.

Isshin: "That'd take a very long time my friend." I chuckled as I walked out the door.  Sprouting my wings I began flying in the direction of Arlong Park... I think...

🏴‍☠️

(3rd POV)

(Y/n): 'That flag looks like the one Isshin showed me. Looks like I found it.' 

(Y/n) lands in the middle of a destroyed village as his wings sink into his back. Throwing his jacket back on he begins walking through the town.

(Y/n): "I wonder if Arlong's here or on another part of this island. It looks like he controls all of it, but why would he leave this place turned upside down like this." He looked to his left and saw a big tower-like building with Arlong's flag flying from the top. "Looks like there's a good start."