𝟗| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER NINE:

THE DEATH OF THE KING

WITH THE NIGHT sky still out, the entire castle was quiet and dark as Maleficent, Andrew and Y/n all silently walked down a flight of stairs together

WITH THE NIGHT sky still out, the entire castle was quiet and dark as Maleficent, Andrew and Y/n all silently walked down a flight of stairs together. No one else in the castle, even Stefan, knew that the teenagers were now awake, only being awoken by the same fairy that had put the curse on them in the first place.

Andrew held Y/n's hand tightly in his, having her body close to hers as they walked beside Maleficent. All three of them made sure to keep a look out for any guards in sight, knowing that the guards would try to attack Maleficent if they saw her with the prince and princess. As they stop at the bottom of the stairs, the three glance around the large room in search for anything, but it was like a ghost town.

"Are we going back to the Moors now?" Y/n asks quietly.

Maleficent looks at her, a small smile coming onto her face. "If that is what you both wish."

The corner of her lips turned up a bit more when she saw them both nod, smiling at her. Looking away from them, Maleficent ventures further into the room while Diaval flew above them, the two teenagers trailing behind the fairy hand in hand. Maleficent glances over her shoulder, motioning for the two to follow when she saw the coast was clear.

All of a sudden, a large metal net drops from the ceiling and onto Maleficent, causing Andrew and Y/n to gasp in shock. Maleficent's hands touch the metal, only for a scream of pain to escape her when he begins burning her skin. Andrew quickly runs forward, Y/n right on his heels as they try to grab the net and take it off of her.

However, many guards come running in, a few starting to hit Maleficent while two push the princess and prince back from trying to save the fairy. As Andrew begins fighting with one guard, another guard had his arms wrapped around Y/n, pulling her back from Maleficent. Diaval was quick to fly down, attacking the guard as best as he could to let go of the girl.

Meanwhile, Maleficent's gaze had slowly started to become blurry as the guards continued to hit her many times, the metal continuing to burn her. As she looked around, she watched as Andrew punched at a guard while Y/n was trying to escape the other's grip. Her gaze then went up to Diaval who was cawing at the guard by the princess.

"Into a dragon." Maleficent murmurs, using her magic.

The next thing everyone knew, instead of now being a crow, Diaval was suddenly turned into a large, fire breathing dragon. The guard's grip loosened on Y/n as Diaval blew fire at many of Stefan's guards. Y/n had ducked, but she knew Diaval wouldn't attack her nor Andrew like that. After knocking out the guard he was fighting, Andrew ran over to his love, grabbing her hand, the two quickly going to the sidelines and staying out of the fight.

After blowing more fire out at some guards, Diaval grabbed the metal net with his teeth, throwing it off of Maleficent as she let out a little cry. Andrew and Y/n watched as the guard began to corner Diaval who's tail had hit a pillar, the now broken pillar landing in front of them, causing Y/n to scream.

Maleficent's gaze immediately snapped to them when she heard the girl scream, ushering them to run which they quickly do. Andrew held Y/n's hand as they ran up the stairs, running down a hallway and soon going into a room, locking the door behind them so no guard could get in. Andrew began pacing around while Y/n found herself walking towards a glass cupboard.

Curiously, she removes the curtain, wiping a bit of her hand on the glass so she could see better. All of a sudden, the thing inside the cupboard started moving around vigoursly as if it was trying to get out. Andrew looked to his love when she gasped, rushing over, only to look at the cupboard as well.

Y/n peaked through the glass again, then noticing the thing inside happened to be a pair of wings. Rather big wings, she took notice of. Wings that looked strong enough to carry you above the clouds and into the headwinds. Big enough that dragged behind you when you walked around. Andrew peaked through the glass as well, taking notice of those things.

They were Maleficent's wings.

Rushing behind the cupboard, he began to push it forward. Y/n was quick to move out of the way, the cupboard soon falling from Andrew pushing it, the glass breaking, shatters going everywhere. The wings started to furiously move around, escaping the cupboard it's been locked up in for sixteen years.

Quickly, Y/n runs to the door, unlocking it and opening the wooden door, watching as the wings sped right past her. Meanwhile, back downstairs, Maleficent had been cornered by many guards as others had Diaval chained up. Stefan had made his appearance, burning her with a metal chain before throwing her out of the circle she was in.

Maleficent got up to her knees, watching as Stefan stomped towards her, sword in hand. Just as he goes to lunge right at her, the fairy suddenly gasps in shock, a bright gold light glowing from behind her, causing Stefan to move back. Andrew and Y/n had rushed out of the room, stopping by a balcony and looking over it, watching as Maleficent flew up, her wings now on her back.

As she was now up in the air, the fairy looks over at the balcony, seeing the prince and princess looking at her with a smile. Stefan follows her gaze, rage filling him when he sees his son and Y/n standing there. He felt rage that after sixteen years, Maleficent had gotten her wings back. The same wings he took, lying to the king that he had killed her so he could be king instead when he would pass. He felt rage when he realized his son had helped the fairy who casted the curse on him.

"Kill her!" Stefan shouts.

Immediately, all the guard began shooting their crossbows at her, throwing spears at her but Maleficent dodged them all as she flew towards Diaval, using one of her wings to break of a chain, a chandelier falling onto the guards that had ahold of Diaval. Diaval instantly broke through the chains, blowing fire at the guards in front of him.

Maleficent flew around, continuing to dodge the attacks the guards sent towards her, breaking off a chain, watching as a large wall-like thing made out of metal fell onto the thrones, breaking them. As she goes to fly upwards, Stefan throws a chain in her direction, catching it around her ankle, causing her to grunt in pain as the metal burned her.

"Shoot her!" Stefan orders.

All the guards obeyed, once again, throwing their spears and shooting their crossbows at her but Maleficent hit them away from her arms. Using her strength, she began to fly up again, dragging Stefan with her. Maleficent flew towards a window, twirling as she flew right through the glass, soon flying up and landing on a tower, dropping Stefan on the ground.

Crouching down, she quickly took the chain off her ankle before lunging at Stefan, pinning him the a pillar on the tower, her hand wrapped around his neck, choking him. The rage had slowly began to fade as Maleficent stared at the king, knowing that Andrew and Y/n wouldn't want her to kill anyone.

"It's over." Maleficent tells him.

Once her hand had released from his neck, Stefan let's out a gasp, air going back into his lungs. Just as Maleficent turns around, the king lets out a growl, grabbing ahold of her before they both, suddenly, fall off the tower. Maleficent was quick to get him off of her, using her wings to float upwards.

Meanwhile, she watched as Stefan fell down to his death, soon landing on the ground, now laying lifeless in front of her. Maleficent flies down, feet touching the ground as she stared at the man she once loved dead on the ground with a blank expression.