2: "Geto, how does this shit work?"

Iizuka Takumi found himself on top of the roof of the dormitory, trying to make sense of the object in his hands. Before the old hag kicked him out, she stuffed a weird-looking rectangular object in his bag before telling him to scurry off.

While preoccupied with it, someone appeared behind him with a curious look on his face. It was a tall, slim student with longer than normal black hair, amethyst eyes glistening in confusion. Geto Suguru watched as this new student in Jujutsu High keeps turning the cellphone in his hands.

I did hear from sensei that Iizuka-senpai was from the mountains but I didn't think he wouldn't even know how to operate a phone. Suguru found it... kind of cute, actually. Since technology was everywhere these days, even children as young as six knew how to use all sort of devices.

However, before him was a sixteen-years-old glaring at a cellphone out of frustration from being unable to figure out how to use it. The special grade sorcerer's shoulders trembled as he tried to hold back his laughter.

After calming himself down and schooling his amused expression, Suguru decided to make his presence known. "Iizuka-senpai, right?" Bright blood red eyes shifted towards him in a blink of an eye that startled Suguru. He placed a hand over his heart, finally agreeing to what Satoru said the other day.

"I'm telling you, I'm sure that guy's cursed technique must be related to petrification or something! When he looked at me in the eyes, I feel like I turned into stone for a moment there."

"Hm? Who're you supposed to be?"

A drop of sweat slid down Suguru's cheek. "I'm... Geto Suguru; Satoru's classmate."

"Ah," distaste flashed through Takumi's eyes before tearing his gaze away from Suguru. "If yer associated with that brat, feel free to leave." A weary smile appeared on his face and began to wonder what Satoru even did. All his classmate said was that he met the new second year student more or less a week ago. In addition, Suguru had to listen to Satoru ramble on with his complaints.

"That, senpai—" in fact, he was just here to satiate his curiosity about the new student on top of welcoming him to Jujutsu High. "— welcome to Jujutsu High. And don't think too bad of Satoru. He might be an arrogant ass who has a superiority complex but he's an okay guy." Most of the time, Suguru internally added.

Takumi stared at him with unblinking eyes which unnerved Suguru. He could now understand better why that idiot of a classmate of his felt like their senpai's technique was related to petrification. The longer those poppy-colored lenses eyed him, the more Suguru felt he couldn't take a step away from where he was.

"Yer from the city, right?" Takumi blinked at last and Suguru found it easier to breathe when the blond talked. "I am; do you want a tour, senpai?"

"No," he bluntly answered, causing Suguru's smile to twitch. "Geto, how does this shit work? Is it still working?" Takumi gestured at the phone in his hand, that same look of aggravation appearing once more. Suguru, who had a lot of control on his facial expressions, succeeded on not laughing.

Suguru took a seat beside his senpai and reached for the phone. "Senpai, you're from the mountains, right?"

"Yeah, what of it?"

"Well, even though you're from there, shouldn't you know how to use a cellphone, at least? It's pretty convenient, especially for communication, after all."

The blond furrowed his his eyebrows at those words. "I don't think the old hag had that much money to begin with. I'm already surprised she gave this to me when she kicked me outta the house." Takumi's rough way of talking made Suguru quirk his lips in amusement.