12: pink is another type of cute

Alt. Title: Toji is dead in Takumi's eyes
Alt. Title #2: Megumi is jealous of pinky

"WHY ARE YOUR EYES RED?"

Takumi froze before his eyes trailed down to the little child tugging on his pants. He had been in the middle of searching for his target but, as expected, he had gotten lost as usual. This time, he found himself at some park he hadn't seen before.

While he was trying to make sense of his phone, trying to contact one of his juniors, someone tugged on his pants. When he glanced down, he found a pair of wide eyes looking up at him with nothing but curiosity. What was more; it was a child around Megumi's age.

"... I was born with it?"

"BUT WHY??"

"... maybe one of my parents had them?"

"WHICH ONE?"

"I dunno. Never met them."

"... WHY?"

"Dunno either," Takumi paused and took a seat on the dirt ground all of a sudden, looking at the pink haired child with interest. "What 'bout ya, kid? Why d'ya have pink hair?" After asking that question, the child blinked and sat in front of him as well, beaming like sunflower.

"GRANDPA SAID PAPA HAD PINK HAIR, TOO!"

"Oh? That's cool. Mine's kinda ugly."

"NO, IT'S NOT!" The child who spoke in all caps denied in an instant. "BIG BROTHER'S HAIR IS PRETTY! LIKE, uh, LIKE BANANAS!"

"... pfft—!" Takumi bent over as his boisterous laughter filled the park, causing a few kids to glance at him weirdly. The pink haired child blinked and wondered if he said anything funny.

Bananas are delicious. Bananas are great! That means Big Brother Stranger's hair is great, too!

"Thanks, I guess," said Takumi and ruffled the child's hair.

A toothy grin showed up on the kid's face, liking the way this strange big brother made a mess of his short hair. "HEY, HEY, BIG BROTHER, WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"

"Ya can call me Takumi."

"TAKUMI NII-SAMA!"

"... just Takumi is fine, kid."

"NII-SAMA!"

"Stop with that honorific."

"NII-SAMA!" And the child shot up to his feet, startling Takumi, as the pinket puffed his chest out. "TAKUMI NII-SAMA WILL BE NII-SAMA! TO, uh, what was that word again... ooooooh, TO HONOR TAKUMI NII-SAMA'S BANANA HAIR!"

... PFFT— HE SAID BANANA HAIR! FUCKIN' BANANA HAIR!

.

.

Fushiguro Megumi sat outside the veranda on the second floor, eyes searching for a familiar blond to show up walking in the street.

"Megumi," Fushiguro Tsumiki's head popped out from behind the door to her brother's room, a smile painting her lips. "Takumi nii-san said that he'll be here by four. You don't have to wait there for him, you know?"

The slightest of pouts appeared on the youngest Fushiguro's lips. "I know, Tsumiki nee-san." But Megumi kept sitting there, causing Tsumiki to laugh under her breath before closing the door as she left.

It had already been a couple of days since Megumi last saw his favorite person other than his sister. His Takumi nii-san promised the last time he visited that he would bring many snacks with him. I wonder what nii-san would bring.