10: date with a little kid

"Ya want that?" A certain blond asked and pointed at the shop selling taiyaki. The little kid in his arms, who barely spoke a word ever since they met, meekly nodded.

"Want," surprisingly, the little kid uttered his very first word. "Choc'late."

"Ah," Takumi answered with a touch of awkwardness. "'lright."

.

.

Going back to a few hours ago, one Iizuka Takumi could be seen glaring at a tree as he sat in the middle of the field at Tokyo Metropolitan Jujutsu Technical College. Ever since a few days ago after returning from a mission with the first years, Suguru, Satoru, and Shoko found their previous senpai wallowing in silent anger.

No matter how many times they asked, Takumi said nothing. Instead, he who always refused sparring with them, accepted their invitation that was made on a whim. Who knew that Takumi would agree? Although it was a spar, it ended up turning into a hide 'n' seek game which then turned into a game of... hopscotch.

It did get Takumi's mind away from whatever it was that bugged him but still, a few days later, it still affected their senpai.

Thus, the trio crouched in a circle as they had an emergency meeting among themselves.

"Should I torture those two first years for information?" - Satoru

"No." - Shoko and Suguru

Their immediate response caused the disgustingly beautiful Gojo Satoru to sulk.

"Then, what should we do? Takumi-senpai doesn't want to talk about it and if he doesn't want to talk about it, how are we supposed to find out?!"

Shoko slapped a hand over Satoru's obnoxious mouth. "Do you want senpai to hear you?"

"Jdskskfjdsn." Came Satoru's muffled reply.

Between them, Suguru rolled his eyes.  "Can we focus back on the topic at hand? I overheard Haibara talking about senpai earlier." In an instant, the other two zipped up their lips and focused their attention on Suguru.

"Oooh, spill the tea." This gossipmonger Satoru patted his friend on the back, urging him to talk already. Of course, this friend slapped the annoying playboy's hand away.

"When senpai accompanied them on their mission a few days back, it seemed like they encountered someone odd. Senpai had let Haibara and Kento leave first and confronted the man. From what Haibara said this morning, when senpai finished dealing with the man, he seemed to hold a grudge."

"So it's whoever that extra is that made our senpai like this." Grumbled Satoru under his breath as he crossed his arms over his chest. He already missed the way his senpai pampered him with strawberry daifuku. Even when Satoru doesn't say anything, Takumi would invite him out and treat him to several sweets when there wasn't any mission.

Shoko herself missed the moments he and Takumi would take a nap together at the field, under the shade of the thick foliage. Their senpai didn't mind her using his laps as a pillow. Sometimes, Takumi would even let her rest in his arms just to make her comfortable.

Meanwhile, Suguru was already cursing the stranger who pushed their senpai's button. If it weren't for that man, wouldn't their senpai still be the same cute senpai who would smile at him? Now, Takumi often wore a scowl this past few days. Not a single smile formed on his face at all. Obviously, this had already touched Suguru's bottom line.

Whoever dared to ruin their senpai's mood should just die.

After brainstorming ideas with each other, the trio stood up in unison and were about to invite Takumi to hang out when they realized... that he was no longer in sight.