4: "What are they doing?"

Geto Suguru sat in a train, eyes fixated on the second year across him. This time, Yaga sent him and Takumi out. Their teacher wanted them to get used to cooperating with sorcerers they were unfamiliar with. Another reason would be to reduce the area of damaged property whenever Suguru and Satoru work together.

This was implemented a month after Takumi arrived, when Suguru and Satoru destroyed an entire district by accident. The curse was slippery, alright? Whenever they tried to exorcise it, it would dodge at the last second and caused their attacks to hit buildings and alike instead.

Heat travelled up his cheeks as Suguru recalled that memory. Their senpai had arrived with their teacher right after they exorcised the curse. The look on Takumi's face made him and Satoru embarrassed beyond belief. It was like the blond couldn't believe that he had juniors like them.

The. Fucking. Horror. Suguru. Felt.

Currently, Suguru was the first one to team up with Takumi, giving him a sense of accomplishment. His senpai was looking outside the window, watching the scenery pass by as they head to their destination. With him born and raised in a mountain, the things they took for granted was a novelty for him.

Seeing his red eyes— that were usually capable of petrifying someone into place— sparkling in delight, Suguru felt that this scary senpai became a bit cuter than usual.

"Geto," Takumi called with a beaming smile, causing an arrow to strike Suguru in the chest. Cute! "How long do we have 'till we get tah Kanagawa?"

"We'll be getting off the next station in about five minutes and we'll be waiting for our next train there. After that, it'll be another thirty minutes until we reach Kanagawa." The more he talked, the more Takumi's eyes shone. Suguru internally cried and thanked Yaga for this opportunity.

Whenever Satoru was around, Takumi becomes cold and harsh. There was not a hint of cuteness. Hell, even when it was Shoko, Takumi becomes cold-faced and barely responses unless it was something related to curses.

Suguru felt a bit special that he was the only one who could see this side of Takumi on a daily basis.

The ravenet snapped out of his thoughts when he remembered something. "Senpai," he tapped the other's knee to get his attention. "Do you remember how to make a call?" On the off chance they had to split up and something happens, Suguru would be able to reach him.

The blond nodded and extended his hand to pat Suguru on the head, just like how his old hag used to do for him. "I remember. Geto made it easy for me to remember, after all." This tender action halted all of Suguru's thought processes. He lowered his head and hid his face behind his trembling hands.

Takumi was blissfully unaware how red Suguru's face had become.

Their destination was the sea in Kanagawa.

Now that they've arrived, a certain someone stood at the edge of the cliff overlooking the sea with honest excitement.

Takumi had never seen such a vast body of water before. And so, he couldn't help but tug on Suguru's sleeve, causing the first year to freeze on the spot. "This... This is the sea? It's huge."

Although it was an innocent comment, Suguru's — who had been around Satoru for so many months— thoughts dived into something... dirty. Damn it, Satoru's whoring ways had made my mind a bit perverted. Satoru liked telling him his nightly endeavours, even when Suguru often threatened to kick him in the balls.

Dismissing that unnecessary thought, Suguru shot his senpai a smile. "After we finish our mission, we could go play at the sea, senpai."

If it was possible, Takumi's eyes widened even more. In his excitement, he snatched Suguru's hand into his and began walking towards where the cursed energy was most abundant. "Let's go quickly, Geto!" Narrow black eyes widened in surprise when the older teen tugged on his arm, dragging him behind.