Chapter 3 - A Dangerous Encounter

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Harriet's kiss became more heated but when Severus failed to match her enthusiasm, she pulled back and flashed him a wry smile.

"What's gotten into you, Sev?" Harriet asked with a hint of dejected disappointment in her voice, "........Do you not want me?"

Severus frowned as he contemplated how to respond to her question.

Did he want Harriet Potter?

Of course not, he thought of the very idea as intrinsically repulsive.

However, the hormones and pheromones that came from the omega hit him squarely in the face and despite his feelings, he couldn't deny that Harriet's beckoning scent was nearly hypnotizing.

Severus's strict resolve wavered as he eyed the taunting, soft glow of Harriet's cheeks and the subtle hint of cleavage that her robes exposed, but he forced himself to remember his situation.

Regardless of her surprising allure, Harriet belonged to a different version of himself.

He wondered if he would be committing an offense by moving forward with his future self's wife?

He would......wouldn't he?

Harriet ended his musings for him.

"You're breaking my heart, Sev!" She confessed with a saddened laugh.

Anxiety curled in Severus's chest when he realized that his hesitation had upset her.

"Pardon me, my love, you're...lovely...However, I must quell my desire.......I have no intention of hurting the child." Severus wisely reasoned.

He silently commended himself on his use of wit.

Of course he should mention the baby to make his escape from Harriet's loving arms!

He frowned when she took his hands and placed them on the sides of her belly.

Severus had never touched an expectant mother before, especially not one who carried his child.

His dark eyes widened when he felt a slight quiver of motion under his palms while the life inside Harriet wriggled and stretched.

"The midwife said it may encourage her to go ahead and enter the world. As much as I love carrying your little ones, Sev, I am ready for her to be in our arms! Will a bit of harmless fun hurt?" Harriet asked with a smirk.

".......'Her'?" Severus repeated.

Harriet gave him an incredulous look as she placed her hands over his and spoke, "Yes, 'her'.........Our daughter? Sev, are you alright? You're acting really strange tonight."

Severus drew in a silent breath.

A daughter.

He would have two sons and a daughter, at least.

From what he had been able to infer about his relationship with his mate, he pondered the startling but realistic possibility that there may be even more Snape children to come in later years.

Severus felt that he and Harriet seemed to share a very......intimate....bond with each other.

"......Forgive me, my love." Severus replied in a low purr as he looked down into his future wife's emerald eyes. He carefully chose his words to allay Harriet's suspicion, "My day has been very trying. I'm quite fatigued, but I assure you, it has nothing to do with you or my affections towards you."