-Study Date-

Children (like 13, 8th grade) and trans-Leorio
CW: Transphobia

A or B? Leorio couldn't figure it out. He just couldn't do equations. They were too difficult. He looked over at Kurapika. He was on the last page.

Leorio tapped his pencil eight times. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Kurapika flip his test. Then tap his pen twice. The answer was B.

"Whoever is tapping their pencils, cut it out," the teacher, Mrs. Oripal said. "If you do it one more time, I'll figure out who it is, and fail you both."

"Oh, fuck you," Leorio said.

Mrs. Oripal glared at him. "I'm sorry, Alicia, what was that?"

Clearing his throat, Leorio quickly replied. "Sorry, ma'am, it was a tic," he lied. "Test and my anxiety. Haha."

"Then I recommend that you get the test done before you distract the rest of the class."

Leorio nodded. "Yes ma'am," he answered. His hand slammed onto the table. This time, it was involuntary. "Sorry."

"Finish your test. That goes for all of you. We have five minutes left of class."

The five minutes passed quicker than expected. When one minute of the class was left, the teacher collected all of the tests.

It was already the end of the day. Leorio walked over to Kurapika's desk. "Hey, Pika," he said. "Do you wanna walk home with me? It is Friday."

Kurapika shut his notebook. He looked up at Leorio. "I don't see why not," he said. "I guess so. Why?"

"I need help with some homework," Leorio said. "You in?"

"Ugh. Fine. Let's go."

Leorio grinned. He picked his backpack off the ground and slinger it over his back. He waited for Kurapika to pack up his stuff.

Kurapika then lifted his stuff and began to walk out the door. "Bye, Mrs. Oripal," he said. "Have a good weekend."

"You too Kurapika," Mrs. Oripal responded. "And Alicia, you need to bring your grade up, or else I'm bumping you down to academic math."

"Oh...alright."

The two boys walked out of the classroom and down the hall. As soon as they were out, Kurapika took his phone out of his pocket. He grinned.

"What's making you smile so much," Leorio asked.

Kurapika looked up. "Bill just texted me," he said. "His school gets out earlier than ours."

"Oh. Just Bill," Leorio scoffed. "Didn't he move away last year?

Kurapika rolled his eyes. "Yeah, he did," he answered. "So what? He's my friend."

"I dunno. Didn't he have a crush on you or something? He must just be using you. I'm sure he's just using you."

"Sounds like someone is jealous," Kurapika said. "But don't worry. He has a girlfriend now."

"Mhm. Great."

With a chuckle, Kurapika once again opened his phone. "You're jealous...how long is the walk to your house again?"

"About seven minutes," Leorio responded. "It shouldn't take long." He pushed open the door outside. "If we walk fast."

"Then let's go fast," Kurapika laughed. "I wanna get there quickly."

The two didn't walk as quickly as they could. They walked rather slow. They talked just a bit but not a lot. They didn't need to talk to bond. Their friendship was like that even if they had just met in seventh grade. Now they were in eighth grade and it would be Kurapika's first time at Leorio's house.