Chapter Ten - Send them back

-Aria-

Clark and I landed back at the airforce base, I saw my father and General Swannick come out. We unloaded the ship, Clark came in and I turned to them.

"We have a plan, Dad." I stated as the ship was loaded onto a trailer

"Is that what I think it is?" Dr Hamilton asked and I nodded

"Yeah, it's the ship he arrived in." I answered taking my father's side.

"The ship is powered by something called a phantom drive. It bends space. Zod's ship uses the same technology and if we can make the two drives collide with one another..." Dr Hamilton caught on.

"A singularity can be created."

"A black hole?" Dad questioned

"Yes, then theoretically they should be pulled back in." Clark replied and I stood proudly at the solution that we had come up with. Well actually it had been relayed to be by the hologram of his dead father but let's not sweat the details.

"You want us to bomb them with that?" Dr Hamilton question incredulously

"General Astrid, sir. That craft maxes out 17,000 pounds, we can drop it from a C-17. It's a viable plan." Hardy backed us up.

"If I don't stop that machine over the indian ocean the gravity field will continue to expand." Clark stated

"Well that will be your job we can handle the phantom drive." I tell him

"Aria, I'm not putting you in anymore danger, you will stay with your mother where it's safe." Dad scowled down at me

"Like hell, I will. I am the only person who knows what to do. You need me and I'm not trusting anyone else with this." I gave him the look. The look that Mom used to give him that he would always back down. It was a gift.

"Fine." he huffed. Clark walked away and I followed

"If that thing is making Earth more like Krypton won't you be weaker around it?" I question him.

"Maybe. I'm not about to let that thing stop me from trying." he answered making me smile "What?"

"I always knew you were brave, just had to grow into though." he chuckled and shook his head "Word of advice though, you maybe all super strong, yet I was the one that kicked peoples asses when we were younger." I winked

"Only cause if I did  it, I would have killed them." I shrugged it off "You might want to stand back." I moved backwards

"A little more." I shook my head and took big strides back as he shot up into the air. I watched with the others as he left then looked to my Dad

"Okay, quick convo with mom so she doesn't freak out" Dad nodded and I was taken to Mom.

"Oh Aria, thank god your safe." she brought me into a tight hug then let go.

"I can't stay long, I have work to do." I tell her and she scowls

"You can't it's not safe." she denied

"I have to, Mom, you always taught me to stand up for what's right. This is me doing that, and yes its dangerous but it needs to be done." she stroked my face

"When did you grow up?" she mumbled

"I was born a grown up, promise me you will stay here. I will be back as soon as I can. I promise." she nodded and I kissed her cheek leaving.

-------

i board the ready to go C-17 now in a flight suit. We took off and once it was safe to move about I made my way into the cockpit giving a nod to Hardy who returned it. We saw the fighter jets surround us and we made our way to Metropolis. The fighter jets went in first with missiles. They were going to clear the way to make the drop.

"Command this is guardian, are we clear to make the drop?" Hardy questioned then looked back at me shaking his head.

"Come on, you can do it. I know you can." I whispered closing my eyes "I know you can." There was a moment of silence.

"He did it." were the next words I heard. my eyes snapped open and relief washed over me. "We're passing through phase line red, we are good to go." i called over the comms. Hardy looked back at me

"We're lining  up for the final run. It's up to you and Hamilton now." I nodded tapping his shoulder.

"Let's do this bitch." I call making my way out of the cockpit and downward. With Dr Hamilton in tow we made our way to the ship as the bay doors opened. I took out the command key and went to put it it but it hovered there instead of accepting it.

"You've got to be shitting me, seriously!" i complain "Something's wrong, it's not meant to do that." I shouted over the noise

"What's it supposed to do?" He questioned

"It's a command key, the slot accepts it all the way but it's not doing it." I responded frustrated, it was something that was supposed to be simple.

"Let me take a look at it." The two of us swapped places. And he examined it.

"We are lined up for the drop, what's the hold up?!" Hardy shouted as he arrived

"We've had a slight setback." Hamilton called back. There was an explosion behind us and I gasped in shock turning around. The fighter jets that were being us where pulverised and in it's place was A kryptonian ship. I moved closer.

"Now we're trouble." I breathed the weapons of the ship locked on us just as I saw Clark fly into the ship. I watched as it broke apart and went crashing into the city below.

"Miss Astrid! It's not safe for you over there. Miss Astrid!" i turned back around with the intention to return further inwards when something knocked me back and I clutched on tight to the edge of the bombay door. I managed to pull myself up just as Hamilton hit the command key and the plane go forward sending me flying out of the plane and into free fall. I screamed but then grunted as Clark caught me. I wrapped my arms around him, secure in his embrace. He struggled against the pull of the black hole that was created. But pulled away and we gently landed.

The two of us stood holding each other. I breathed heavily and shakily as I held onto his cheek. Clark leant in and kissed me, a kiss which I returned. We did eventually pull away.

"Is now a really bad moment to say it's about time? It only took you 19 years" I whisper against his lips though I felt his chuckle against me.

"I promise next time I won't wait so long." He kissed me again but we broke apart hearing a crash. Clark and I parted as he went to take a closer look. I was conveniently joined my Perry, Jenny, Steve and Lois. Though no word were exchanged. The five of us watched in horror as at first Zod and Clark take which turned into a fight. I stepped forward

"Aria what are you doing?!" Lois pulled me back but I yanked my hand out of her grasp and took off running. I wasn't hard to follow the fight, just aim for the explosions and destruction. Though they were moving all over the place. I stopped and tapped the com that was still in my ear.

"Dad! A little help. I'm seeing a lot of explosions and not a Superman vs a resilient fucker of Zod."

"Aria stay away." I groaned and cut off communication I carried on running in the general direction. Then I found them they went crashing into metropolises station. Just as Clark had Zod in  a headlock but Zod was using the beams from his eyes to try and kill a family.

"Stop! No!" Clark yelled as I stood frozen on the steps  then in a moment. Clark snapped Zod's neck. He stood there shocked before dropping to his knees and screaming. I ran down and over to him. He looked up and me and I held him close. his head rested on my stomach and he wrapped his arms around my waist.