Chapter Eleven - Aftermath

Us journalists were resilient fuckers, I will give us that. Despite all the death and destruction that Clark as Superman was trying to help rebuild. The Daily Planet wasn't just the paper but the people and we survived to walk into our temporary offices and set up so we could be there for the people.

"Come on, Aria, When are you gonna throw me a bone?" Steve asked coming over  "Court side  seats to the game tonight."

"When hell freezes over Lombard. Go back to trolling the intern pool, you might have more there." I held up an article and noticed Jenny was right behind me "Oops, sorry."

"Court side?" Lamar asked her

"Don't do it, Jenny it's a trap." Lois joked and we laughed

"Lombard, Lane and Astrid. I want you to meet our new stringer. I want you to show him the ropes. This is Clark Kent. Good Luck kid." Perry left us and I grinned

"Nice to see you again Kent, you missed me?" I joked standing up

"Wait you two know each other?" Lois questioned, yeah we had become more tolerant of each other.

"Clark was my childhood sweetheart, before I moved. Welcome to the planet." I gave him a wink.

"Glad to be here, Aria" he smiled to me. Lombard, Lois and Jenny all shook his hand welcoming him to the planet and I showed him over to his desk.

"After a long time drifting from place to place, it's nice to see you planting some roots. What does your mom think of your new line of work?" I wondered leaning against his new desk. He looked up at me.

"She's happy. Both of them are, well I imagine Dad would be. When we last spoke it didn't end well but I would like to think that he would be proud that I'm not hiding who I am as much and that I'm doing what I was meant to do." he answered giving me one of his famous smiles that I hadn't seen in a long while.

"Well, whether as Clark Kent or Superman, don't screw things up." I slapped his shoulder and went back to what i was doing, which happened to be a Superman cover story.