Chapter 13- Justin

"Hey, stop by Anthony's."

Mason's dopey face occupies the rear view mirror and I signal to merge into the right lane. We're on our way to the party in Renton which is the next town over about thirty minutes out in the boonies.

"Didn't you just eat?"

Sandwiched between Marcus and Corbin, he leans forward draping his arms around the driver and passenger seat. The earthy odor of the joint him and Marcus smoked earlier clogs my sinus.

"That was an hour ago. I'm a growing boy, I need more substance."

"If you grow any more we won't be able to haul your fat ass out this truck." Ian says and cracks the window.

Mason is your typical linebacker, taller than average height with muscled padded with a healthy dose of blubber. He reminds me of Chucky with his freckled face and red hair. Thankfully the guy is more doofus than demonic.

He scoffs. "I'm not fat I'm pleasantly rotund."

I quickly toss him an incredulous look over my shoulder before turning back to the road. "What's the difference?"

"It sounds fancier." He answered after a thoughtful pause.

"Let me be the first to break it to you." Ian turns in his seat, face serious. "There is nothing and I mean nothing fancy about you."

Laughter echoes in the cabin of the truck.

"Yeah, yeah, just stop so I can get a slice would ya?"

"Fine."

I take the next turn and head down to The Row. After parking, Marcus and Mason hop out the back.

"Ya'll want anything?" Marcus asks as he adjusted his navy NY cap on his head.

"Nah, I'm good." I say and Ian shakes his head.

"Grab me a Mountain Dew." Corbin tells him.

He nods before closing the door.

When I notice Corbin putting the phone up to his ear, I turn the radio down and lean back against the head rest.

"What's up, babe, are you-"

I glace at Corbin through the rear view mirror. His brows are drawn together as the sound of Amber's voice cutting him off filters through the receiver along with loud music.

I swear the guy can't go five minutes without checking in on his girlfriend. He was going to see her at the party in a few minutes. Unfortunately, where there's Amber there's Bridget.

"What are you talking about? We're lab partners, Amber, that's it." Corbin argues. "Besides, Simone has a boyfriend....no, we don't talk like that, she just happened to mentioned it."

I shake my head. They're annoying as shit. Why is he even explaining himself? If he says there's nothing going on then she should believe him. Point, blank, period. He spends every waking moment up her ass, so when the hell would he find time to cheat?

"Amber, come on....I don't like her like that.... She just said that to piss you off....baby, please listen."

I pinch the bridge of his nose. This is getting ridiculous.

"Oh for fuck's sake. He's not cheating on you because he's too pussy whipped to even look at another girl. Now hung up the damn phone." I yell loud enough for Amber to hear me.

"I'll just talk to you when I get there." He murmurs into the phone. "Love you."

He drops the cell into his jacket pocket. "Happy now?" he asked sarcastically.