Chapter 16- Justin

Rayne bolts from the room like a four-alarm fire is nipping at her heels. I can't help but chuckle at how easy it is to rile her up. I swear she's the cutest thing. All sass with that little wrinkle between her brows and the threat of bodily harm sharpening her dark eyes.

Seriously, it's sexy AF.

I don't know what kind of spell she's cast over me but the last forty minutes was more entertaining than my entire relationship with Bridget. I needed that laugh after dodging claps on the back and misguided praise for something I didn't even do.

Grabbing my things, I start to walk out when I notice a book decorated with gold stars on Rayne's desk. She must've forgot about it again. I pick up the planner and rush out hoping to catch her but stop short.

Girls are forever documenting their whole lives in these things. What better way to find out more about my new crush than scour through her planner.

What's the saying? Knowledge is power.

I do a quick flip through. The pages are filled with her work schedule, due dates for assignments, and other important notes. Her handwriting is neat and precise, no big lops or I's dotted with hearts and O's as smiley faces.

I land on the March calendar and notice a few of the days during Spring Break are blacked out. I flip back to the current month and...bingo.

Oh, what fortuitous luck.

Under today's block it shows she has a date with Eli at the Alley.

I'm surprised that she would be hanging out on a school night. She seems the type that spends her evenings with her nose in a text book.

I stuff the planner in my bag and head to my locker. As I pass a group of girls, they eye me down, snickering behind their hands. Ignoring them, I continue down the hall, pissed that the rumors have taken off like a California wild fire.

The stories are so far off base I would laugh if it wasn't my name constantly being dragged through mud.

Sure, I like to party, hook up, and I have a temper which has gotten me in some sticky situations. However, I'm not some off the rails bad boy plowing through pussy and leaving broken hearts in my path. Most importantly, I didn't get wasted off of Hunch Punch nor did I dick down half the senior class of Holy Mary Girls Academy.

I'm not anywhere near pious but that's overboard even for me.

Once I get outside, it dawns on me that Rayne would've heard the rumors too. no wonder she was so hostile towards me. I'm not the kind of guy to explain myself to anyone. My motto is let people think what they want but the need to track her down and explain myself has me glancing around the student parking lot to see if she's still here but her car is gone.

I can only imagine what was going through her head when I asked her out. She probably thinks I'm some kind of perverted freak when the truth is I was over the party and in the barn to get Mason so we could head out.

Would she even believe me ?

When I get to my truck, Ian is sitting in his car with the door open texting on his phone.

"You up for bowling tonight?"

"Bowling?" He tosses his phone on the passenger seat and props his arm on the car door. "Since when do you bowl?"

"Since today." No need to tell him about Rayne's planner.

He shrugs. "I guess. what time?"

"Seven." I lean back against my truck door and notice the guys walking over. "Hey, ya'll want to meet at the Alley around seven?"