Chapter 6 - Books and the London Sky

Ruel's POV

Would he say he's in L-O-V-E?

Well if it was me then I would, I would

*

"Ready to see London sir?" she asked, snapping me out of my daydream. I glanced over at where she was standing, now looking slightly different to how she looked behind the bar a few minutes ago. She was now wearing a simple pair of jeans, some docs that looked almost exactly like mine, and a shirt of some description, that of which I couldn't see that well due to the bad lighting. Her hair was down now, straight and shiny, flowing just past shoulder length. Her arms were folded over her chest, an amused smirk etched on her face. A hell of a night I'm in for, I thought, standing up off the bar stool. I watched as her head followed my eyes as I stood up, the look of amusement turning into a look of slight amazement. I grinned down at her, getting this reaction from people a lot. My parents having had a dutch descent, the men in our family were all quite tall. Including me.

"When you are, ma'am," I smiled down at her. I watched a sour look cross her face. I suppose she didn't like to be called ma'am. I didn't really know what to call her though, since I hadn't gotten her name. I had just coincidentally run into her again at this bar that I had had no idea she worked at. It was strange. I had just wandered into here for a quick drink, ended up with some lady apparently called Kayla flirting with me, and this girl practically telling her to fuck off. It was an understatement to say it was a weird day.

"First of all, don't call me ma'am," she frowned, her nose scrunching up in disgust. "And I just have to quickly stop somewhere before we explore."

"Sure, lead the way," I replied, curious as to where she needed to go at 12:30 at night. But I didn't question it. I didn't entirely ask her to show me around just because I was 'new here'. I did need directions, as I had never really been here in actual London before. And it would be best to explore at this time of night so paparazzi didn't find me. But this girl intrigued me. I'm not entirely sure why, I just wanted to know more about her.

I walked beside her out of the bar, close enough that I wasn't going to lose her, but far enough away not to make her uncomfortable. We walked down streets silently, both seeming to just be admiring the night. It was a cloudless abyss tonight, a full moon. We couldn't see any stars, which was normal for London, but the moon seemed to shine just a bit brighter tonight. 

I had spent my entire life watching the city of London through a window, dreaming of a night like this. My dreams were made of this kind of night, clear, cold, crisp, the wind making you chilly as you walked the dark streets. Now that I was here, I felt like I'd stepped into a movie.

I glanced over at the girl beside me, the one I barely knew. She was staring up into the sky, a fine smile on her lips, the moonlight playing on her face, making it shine a light silver. I didn't know much about this person, but I felt connected to her. Like we were meant to meet in some way.