Chapter 17 - Stella

Teliah's POV

can you tell I have no floor?and I'm shivering just thinking
where have you been all these minutes?

"What?" I heard who I assumed to be Ruel's father hiss. I had to fight that word from rolling of my own tongue right this second. Fiancée? No fucking way he'd just said that. No way. It was an act, I knew that far, but why? Why did he just say he was my fiancée when I was so clearly not? He was a selfish player, why the fuck would he want to be married to me?

I must've looked fuming with anger, because I certainly felt that way. His father was the king of England. I couldn't just decide not to marry Ruel or say out of turn he was lying. Even if I did say he was lying, they wouldn't have believed me. I was probably some peasant in their eyes, and the fact I was wearing his great grandmother's wedding ring did not help my case.

Why had I let him put the ring on? I was just entranced by his stupid playboy tactics. By the honest glimmer in his eyes, by the warmth of his hand holding mine, the rasp his quiet voice held. You just did it again, I cursed myself. I couldn't keep thinking of him this way.

At that moment I caught Ruel's stare. His hazel eyes were staring straight into me in an elusive shade of green. His expression looked pleading. He looked to say please play along, I'll explain later. I gave him a look back that I hoped said you bet your fucking ass you will.

"Yes, I met her when I was in London. See, I knew your ring was in the jacket and I proposed," he lied. To be fair, he was pretty good at lying. Probably uses it to play girls. I frowned.

Ruel looked back to me, as if urging me to say something.

"Um yes your majesty. We met at a park in London," I smiled through gritted teeth. The king looked just as displeased as he had before. Great, just great. I was about to become London's most hated citizen and I was not here for it. I made a mental note to beat Ruel's ass later.

We both stood there with the fakest smiles on our faces, while the king stared at us disapprovingly. He looked well aged, he had a tired angry face, clear wrinkles hidden among his tousled brown hair. The only resemblance I could see between Ruel and his father was their height. Ruel was a bit taller than the king, but they both stood at a very tall height.

Beside the king was a short, round middle aged man. He had a middle part in his short black hair, framing his circular glasses. He looked really annoying, so I guessed he was an advisor.

And last was a girl about my age, who just looked to be about the most beautiful girl I had ever fucking seen in my entire life. She had long brown hair that flowed down to her hips, shiny and healthy. Her eyes were an aqua blue, although a glint of anger shone in them. She wore a yellow ball gown, bejewelled with rhinestones. She was perfect. I felt like a lump of shit standing anywhere near her.

"I will not discuss this right now. Show her to a room and dress her appropriately, Molly. Ruel, you will come with me," he dismissed me and pointed to a maid who I assumed to be Molly. I shot Ruel an angry look as he walked away with his father. He put on a frown and mouthed 'I'm sorry'. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to Molly.

Molly looked about my age, her hair frizzy and red, her expression excited. Well at least one of us is looking forward to this.