Part Of That World

(POV:Ares)

We swam for a while until we reached the secret entrance of the grotto. Moving the giant circular boulder blocking the entrance, I looked around making sure no one had followed us and rushed inside. The grotto was dark and dimly lit with rock 'shelves' holding all my human items.

-"Ares, are you okay?"

-"If only I could make him understand"

-"I just don't see things the way he does"

-"I don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things, could be bad"

(POV:Writer(Me))

Sebastian gasped in surprise as he looked around at all the objects and items found inside the grotto. His face frowned in disappointment but softened slightly as Ares's voice filled the place.

-"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat"

-"Wouldn't you think my collections, complete?"

-"Wouldn't you think I'm the boy, the boy who has everything"

-"Look at this trove, treasure untold"

-"How many wonders can one cavern hold?"

-"Lookin' around here you'd think"

-"Sure, he's got everything"

-"I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty, I've got whozits and whatzits galore"

-"You want thingamabobs, I have 20"

-"But who cares, no big deal"

-"I want more"

-"I want to be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'"

-"Walkin' around on those...what do you call them? Oh, feet"

-"Flippin' your fins you don't get too far, legs are required for jumpin', dancin'"

-"Strollin' along down a...What's the word again?"

-"Street"

-"Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun"

-"Wanderin' free, wish I could be...Part of that world"

-"What would I give if I could live out of these waters"

-"What would I pay to spend a day, warm on the sand"

-"Betcha on land they understand, that they don't reprimand their sons and daughters"

-"Bright young children, all sick of swimmin'...ready to stand"

-"And ready to know what the people know, ask 'em my questions and get some answers"

-"What's a fire and why does it...what's the word? Burn?"

-"When's it my turn? Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?"

-"Out of the sea, wish I could be part of that..."

-"World"

As if on cue, a bottle that Sebastian had gotten stuck in rolled from one of the shelves clattering loudly as it fell. He had rolled out and dragged along with him tablecloths, pearl necklaces, cups, rings, and pocket watches.

-"Sebastian!"

-"Ares, what are you...how could you...WHAT IS ALL THIS?!"

-"It's...uh...It's just my collection"

-"Oh, I see...your collection, hmm"

-"IF YOUR FATHER KNEW ABOUT THIS PLACE..."

-"You're not gonna tell him, are you?!" Flounder interrupted him mid-sentence.

-"Oh, please, Sebastian, he would never understand"

-"Ares, your under a lot of pressure down here, being the heir, all the responsibilities..."

-"Come with me, I'll take you home..."

The rumbling sound and the only light source was covered by a dark shadow, giving the grotto a terrifying look. Wonder and curiosity to what laid above the surface filled Ares's head with questions that wanted, no, he needed answers too.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Do you guys want a Christmas story, for example a short book that would be released the week of Christmas. Or a Christmas chapter for The Incredibles book that has been fully released?

Please let me know, and if you have any requests don't be afraid to ask!

Bye!