Dinner Conversations

(POV:Reader)

The conversations were a bit dull, it was mostly Eric and Grimsby talking about the kingdom and stuff. While they talked I tried thinking of the most common and exotic names I knew. I felt like the boy was Rumpelstiltskin, waiting for his name to be guessed. Although he was more handsome and less goblin-like.

-"You know, Y/n, perhaps our young guest might enjoy seeing some of the sights in the kingdom" Grimsby asked while Carlotta made her way in struggling to hold all four plates.

-"Something in the way of a tour?" he said. I had gotten up to help Carlotta.

-"Sure!" I set two of the plates on the table while Carlotta passed the others.

-"Would you like to accompany me around the kingdom?" I asked the boy happily, and he nodded excitedly in response.

-"Wonderful! Now let's eat before this crab wanders off my plate!"

To our surprise, the crab on Grimsby's plate was gone. We all laughed while Grimsby looked annoyed and confused.

-Nightfall-

(POV:Reader)

Night had descended. I went out to walk Max and to look at the moon that shone brightly reflecting on the water. I sat on the grass in the courtyard, the cold crisp breeze sending shivers down my body.

(POV:Ares)

I got ready for bed and walked towards the window. As I looked out into the courtyard Y/n was shivering from the cold breeze. I put the robe on and took one of the smaller blankets from my bed and walked down.

I had gotten lost twice but eventually made my way to her placing the blanket over her shoulders, she turned looking at me surprised, but smiled. I sat next to her and the furry animal known as Max came over licking my face.

-"He does that a lot, I'm sorry" she said as she pulled him away.

Time had passed by quickly, I stared at the moon until I felt something land on my shoulder.

She had fallen asleep, I moved the hair from her face and smiled softly at her. I decided to wait until she woke up to leave, but a while had passed by. And by the looks of it, it seemed like she was fast asleep. I wrapped the blanket around her and picked her up taking her back to the castle.

Luckily her room was only a few from mine, so I opened the door and laid her gently on the bed. I moved the bed covers over her and kissed her forehead before leaving.

(A/N):

I won't be able to update tomorrow, my family will be hosting a New Years party and we have to get everything ready. 

So, I apologize in advance, and hope you all have a good New Year's!

In case I do find time(I most likely won't)I will try my hardest to update a new chapter, but we are going to be busy all day, so it'll be quite impossible.

Bye!