XI.

CHARLIE STARTED TO SHARPEN SKATES, WAKING UP COACH BOMBAY IN THE PROCESS

CHARLIE STARTED TO SHARPEN SKATES, WAKING UP COACH BOMBAY IN THE PROCESS. Bombay had gotten a knee injury, which forced him to come home from playing in the minor league.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Charlie asked, opening the door to where Coach Bombay was previously sleeping.

Gordon smiled at the boy, "Hey, Charlie."

"Hey, coach. It's good to see you," Charlie hugged his coach. "We really missed you."

Jan, Hans brother, walked into the room making trumpet sounds with his mouth. "For breakfast, my specialty: Jan's hasen-" He started.

"Hasenpfeffer and eggs," Charlie and Coach Bombay cut him off, while chuckling.

"I thought I smelled something burning," Gordon teased, as Jan put the tray of breakfast on a nearby table.

He pulled out a chair and sat down, "I see you've met my new apprentice."

"Jan told me you did this job when you were my age," Charlie turned to his coach.

"That's right. I hope he pays you more than he paid me," The coach replied.

"You got paid?"

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

It was later in the day now, and Charlie was in his room. Y/n accompanied him, while she sat on his bed listening to the music Charlie was playing.

"Hey guys!" Someone yelled from outside the window. The two thirteen year olds rushed to the window at looked down at Coach Bombay. "Hey! You wanna play some hockey?"

Charlie quickly put his Ducks jersey on, as Y/n put on her roller blades.

The two skated until they reached a street hockey game, Jesse playing in it. Charlie blew the duck call and it caught Jesse's attention.

"Hey you guys!" Jesse shouted at them.

"Jesse, we're back!" Charlie said back to him, as the three started to skate along the sidewalk. "Let's go get Averman."

They skated all the way to Bloomington, and continued into the Mall of America. They dodged people and tables until they got the to the general cinema.

As they reached the ticket booth, Charlie blew the duck call again, "Averman, let's go!"

"Come on!" Y/n yelled, as she physically dragged Averman out of the booth while he protested.

They skated back out of the mall and over to a local waterfall.

"Where we goin' now?" Jesse asked.

"Gotta get Connie and Guy," Y/n answered with a smile.

Right when they got to the two, they were leaning in towards each other. Right when they were about to kiss, Charlie blew the duck call once again, distracting Connie, and making her turn towards them.

"The quack attack is back, Jack!" Averman waved for the pair to come over. "Come on!"

Guy let go of Connie's hand and watched her skate towards them. "I was this close," Guy raised his eyebrows, putting his hand up.

They all skated in and out of orange traffic cones, as they approached a cement truck.

Y/n looked back at the group as they cheered, not noticing how close she had gotten to the truck. As she turned, her first instinct was to jump over the crane bar, soaring.

She landed the jump, and the rest of the Ducks cheered for her. She grinned with adrenaline.

Eventually, they arrived at the Goldberg's restaurant, many of them smashing their faces against the window.

They collected Goldberg and all skated across the big bridge, on their way to Edina.

They finally got to Adam's house, with him moving a puck around with his stick.

"Hey cake-eater, you wanna play some real hockey?" Jesse grinned at him.

"Yeah!" Adam returned the favor, as he dropped his stick and started to skate with the group.

"Guys, it's an international competion! It's us against the world!" Charlie screamed, as the Ducks skated down the road.

They suddenly heard a bunch of screams coming from across the street. All of them looked over to see Larson, Mcgill and Brown get tied up to a tree in nothing but their underwear, with a smiling Fulton by their side.

"Yeahhh!" Fulton cheered, joining the team.

Y/n continuously blew the duck call, all the way until they met up with Coach Bombay again.

"Welcome back, Ducks! I really missed you guys," The coach was surrounded by the team. "Are you ready to fly?"

All the Ducks shouted, "Yeah!"

Out of the blue, a shiny, back limo drove up to them. Small man popped out of the top window, "Hey, guys! I'm Don Tibbles, Hendrix hockey apparel. We're your official sponsors, anybody want a card?"

The Ducks all simultaneously agreed, going over to collect the cards.

Boy, what a trip this would be.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

WORDS: 798

A/N: it'll get more interesting lmao