XVI.

THEY HAD WON the game against Italy, moving them up on the scoreboard

THEY HAD WON the game against Italy, moving them up on the scoreboard. Although, Team U.S.A now had to go against Iceland.

"All right, are we ready for warm-ups?" Coach Bombay asked, as he swiftly walked into the locker room. He had his hair slicked back and he wore a suit, similar to the Iceland coach.

After a few moments of whistling and wolf calls, Averman spoke up, "Nice jacket. Did you get two pairs of pants with that?"

The coach ignored him as the rest of the laughed along with Averman. Meanwhile, Fulton and Dean snuck up behind Coach Bombay, wanting to confront him.

"Good night last night, Coach?" Fulton asked the man, sitting on his desk.

"Yeah, it was fine."

"What'd ya do?" Dean questioned, eyeing him down.

Coach Bombay looked back at him, "Oh, I.. just watched some TV, got to bed early."

"But not without a little desert, right?" Dean spoke to his coach coldly, making Coach Bombay realize what they had saw. They saw him getting ice cream late at night with the Iceland trainer, Maria.

The pair started to walk away, Fulton saying at the last minute, "A little ice cream, maybe?"

Coach clicked his tongue before turning to leave, making him face to face with Y/n.

"This is a hockey game, not a funeral, coach," Y/n harshly spoke, soon after following her teammates out the door.

After a little while of warming-up, the game started.

Hello, everybody! Welcome to today's game. This is a very important matchup, Team U.S.A against Iceland, in what could be a preview of the championship game.

Iceland, coached by Wolf "The dentist" Stansson. He'll be taking on Gordon Bombay. Good luck there, Coach. You'll sure need it.

Jesse and Gunnar Stahl were facing-off, Stahl being much taller than Jesse.

"Við ætlum að sparka í rassinn á þér," He spoke in Icelandic.

"What does that mean?" Jesse asked, puzzled.

Gunnar smirked, "You'll find out."

Right as the whistle blew, Jesse and Gunnar started to fight over the puck. Dean came in, shoving down Stahl in the process.

Dean noticed that Gunnar only lay still on the ice, "Come on, fool! Get up!"

The ref skated towards him, "You ran at him unprovoked."

"Huh?" Dean was startled by the referee, making him turn around and accidently hit the ref in the face.

"Calm down, son. You're out of the game."

"Give me a break!"

Coach Bombay sighed before yelling, "You're throwin' him out? You can't do that! It's three seconds into the game!"