XV.

WELCOME TO LOS ANGELES, California, and the Junior Goodwill Games

WELCOME TO LOS ANGELES, California, and the Junior Goodwill Games. As teams from around the world arrive to compete in both winter and summer events. The U.S.A. is expected to score well in the medal count, especially basketball, swimming, and hockey.

Team U.S.A. continued down the entrance way, taking in all the aspects of sunny California and the people there.

Even though it was summer, Minnesota was getting a lot of rain recently. comerchero tended to be the wettest month. But, in California, the sun was beaming onto the city, there were popsicle stands scattered around, and there was no sight of rain anywhere.

And there's Team U.S.A. hockey lead by coach Gordon Bombay. They're looking fit and anxious to to begin the competition.

The announcers words were drowned out by the sound of cheering. There must have been thousands of people watching them play. People from all over the world.

Tonight's game matches the second-seeded Team U.S.A, against the tenth-seeded team, Trinidad Tobago. This marks the first game for Team U.S.A. in this double-elimination, winner-take-all tournament.

Gordon Bombay looks to have his team well in control here. They lead six to nothing.

The puck was passed from Dwayne to Charlie, who quickly shot it over to Y/n. She swiftly skated towards the goalie, scoring their seventh point.

Her teammates celebrated by rushing up to her and embracing her with hugs. Y/n saw the crowd fire up with excitement, giving her even more energy than she had before the game started.

Soon after, Jesse replaced Y/n on the ice, dodging the Trinidad players. He tripped over one, making him fall and slide right into the net.

Jesse took this to his offense and rushed over to the player that tripped him. He pushed the player over, which just happened to be right in front of the ref.

U.S.A. penalty, number nine, Hall. Two minutes, roughing.

"He dissed you bad, g!" A kid knocked on the glass of the box, before pushing his face against the glass.

"Yeah? Come here, man!" Jesse tried to jump over the glass, making the kid laugh and walk away.

A few moments later, and there was an intermission from the game.

Charlie noticed that Adam looked distressed, as he looked into the crowd.

"Hey, ya got a girl in the stands?" Charlie questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"No. Scouts, man. Look at 'em," Adam replied, not looking away from the two men.

Charlie nudged Adam's shoulder, "Don't worry about scouts, Adam. Just play your best."

Adam turned back to his friend and smirked. "At least I won't be distracted by a girl. Unlike some people I know."

Team U.S.A. loses the puck at center ice. Here's Bellefonte across the goal line with a great move. Walks right down in front. He shoots, he scores!

More cheering was stretched over the audience, ecstatic that Trinidad had gotten their first point.

Nearing the end of the game, Team U.S.A. with it out at center ice. Here's Connie Moreau. Moreau stick-handling in the Trinidad zone. Moreau still with it, moves around a pileup, gives it to Kenny Wu.

Wu, the former figure skater, back behind the net, ducks underneath the check. Wu around in front. It's a wraparound. He scores!

The team gathered in a group hug, celebrating their first win as Team U.S.A.

"All right, way to go!" Coach Bombay yelled to his team. "That wasn't a game, that was a statement!"

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

"Ladies and gentlemen, Team U.S.A. hockey," Tibbles introduced to the newscaster. "And the man chosen to lead them to the gold, Gordon Bombay."

A woman with blond hair and a bright blue pantsuit stood up, "Team U.S.A., how does it feel competing on the international level here in Los Angeles?"

"Love it!"

"Feels good!"

Another woman stood up, "Coach Bombay, the Vikings from Iceland are the heavy favorite. Their coach has already guaranteed victory. How are you gonna handle them?"

"Um.. hard work," Coach replied slowly, before continuing. "I think our team is ready to go up against the best in the world. We're not worried about 'em. Iceland may be tough, but, uh, we're Team U.S.A. and we're goin' all the way."

The team and audience applauded, none of them noticing that a group of people wearing all black had appeared at the scene.

"Team U.S.A. is going down. That's where you're going," A man with a black suit and slicked back hair said, catching everyone's attention. "See you on the ice, Bombay!"

Coach Bombay looked over at Tibbles, confused. "That's, uh, Stansson. Coach of the Iceland team. He's wound a little tight."

"Stansson from the N.H.L.? Wolf 'The Dentist' Stansson is coaching? You didn't tell me that," Coach and Tibbles walked down from the stage.

"That guy's a dentist?" Kenny asked from beside Y/n and Charlie.

"That was his nickname," Charlie replied, looking over at the coach. "Player one year of pro, collected more teeth than goals. Even punched out his own coach!"

Y/n glanced over at the two, "I heard they ran him out of the league and the country!"

"That's his team? Those guys are huge!" Kenny exclaimed, following the pair down the steps.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

It was about eleven at night, and Y/n just couldn't sleep. She tried everything. Counting sheep, reading, and even making her bed, just to ruin it again.

This was pretty much the only valid reason to why she was now staring out the window.

"Y/n?" She was startled by this familiar voice, recognizing it as Connie's. "Oh, sorry for scaring you. Couldn't sleep?"

Y/n shook her head, moving over so that Connie could sit down with her. "Me neither," Connie sat down on the floor.

"Know, I really like looking at the moon," Y/n suddenly said. "I find it funny how it shapeshifts every night."

The pair looked up to see a dim crescent moon sleeping behind the clouds.

"I prefer full moons," Y/n continued.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I just feel like good things happen when there's a full moon."

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

WORDS: 1048

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS I LOVE YOU ALL!!! <3333 sorry for the crappy chapter smh ANDD sorry it took so long-