We Got Our Own Tip

YOUR POV..

     My hands burned, I could feel the skin on my fingertips becoming raw from climbing up a pole. I'm right below Vi, so I was second closest to the top. All of a sudden her foot slips, and she struggles to get it back on the ledge. I breathe out through my teeth as I let one hand off of the pole, to move Violets foot back up. I get it back up there and she hops over and climbs to the top.

     Once Vi was at the top, she grabbed my arm and pulled me up. 

     "Thanks, Pinky." I say, trying to help Powder up. I finally get her up and then Mylo and Claggor finally make it. Vi calls us over to the edge of the building.

     "Woah..." I hear Powder say. I pat her shoulder.

     "It's nice getting above it all huh?" Vi said to Powder, and Powder nodded her head. We see an airship fly by, and Powder points at it.

     "One day, I'm gonna ride one of those things.." She says in awe. Then of course you have Mylo.

     "And one day, I'm gonna shoot one of em' down." He says. Vi smacks his hand down and continues walking, and everyone follows her.

     "Vi, are you sure about this? Look if we get caught, we're-" Before Claggor could finish, Vi stops him there.

     "We're not gonna get caught. We'll be in and out before anyone even notices.." She continues walking, then jumps down onto a shorter building. "Already everybody, just follow me.. just- don't look down." She slides down the roof, then onto the platform, then onto another roof.

     I watch in awe as Mylo cracks his knuckles, acting cocky, but then tries to do what Vi just did. I mean, he did it, but it definitely wasn't as graceful as Vi. Next is me, I do what Vi did trying not to look down as much as possible, but mid jump I do, and Vi catches me by the arm, pulling me up with a shocked expression on her face.

     "Thanks again, Pinky.." I say as I don't realize I haven't let go of her hand.

     "I told you to stop calling me that, and are you gonna let my hand go, Cupcake?" She says smirking at me, and I stutter, but let go of her hand quickly, a light dusting of red on my face. "I mean, we can keep holding hands if you want, I don't mind.." She mumbled under her breath, but before I could ask what she said, I realized Powder wasn't here yet.

     "Couldn't we have just.. walked there?" Claggor said, turning towards Powder.

     "Gotta stay outta sight for this one." She replied, looking at Powder. Mylo made a snarky comment about Powder, then told Vi it was on her. Claggor offered to get her, but Vi refused. "Powder look at me, what did I tell you..?" She said.

     "That.. I'm ready." She answered Vi.

     "That's right! So?" Vi encouraged her to do it. I saw Powder breathe in and out, then copy what the rest of us did, but yelled the whole way. I didn't mind it, she was just scared. She hopped over, making the same mistake I did. Looking down mid jump. Luckily, Vi is here, so she caught her. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

---

     "What if Vander finds out we're up here?" Claggor said while we were walking across the lining of a roof.

     "Look around you, you think anyone on topside is going hungry..?" Vi said, then let out a sigh. "Besides, this is exactly the sort of job Vander would've pulled when he was our age." No one bothered to argue, because she was right. "I'm going, are you with me or not?" I did a thumbs up, but she just put my hand down. "I already knew that, Cupcake, why else would you have begged to come with me?"