Short-Lived

VI'S POV..

     What..? Powder has killed people? Oh my god, I shouldn't have left her. This is all my fault. Why did I have to call her a jinx. I'm such a terrible person. 

     Tears start spilling out of my eyes uncontrollably, and I go limp. Spark catches me, and cups my face in her hands. I pant heavily, trying to breathe normally before spiraling into a panic attack. I can't let Spark see me weak like this, even though she didn't care. She just wanted me to be okay. So I did what I'm best at.. pushing people away. I grabbed her hands off of my face, and push her lightly, and she gives me a confused but concerned look. Then I started yelling.

     "Get away.. You and everyone else down here didn't lift even a finger to stop Silco! You all let this happen! Like it was nothing! Like you guys had no power to stop him!.." I yelled, about to continue, until she cut me off.

     "Like hell we didn't! Where do you think all of these are from?!" She shouted back at me, showing her scarred back. Seven long scars, lined up perfectly. I touch one, then she swings back around, gripping my wrist. "Don't. Touch. Me." She said, then continued to shove my hand into the middle of my chest. "It was a mistake thinking you'd get it. Any of it." She finished, then walked away.

     "Spark, I-.." I go to say something, but I couldn't figure out the words. She looks back at me, waiting for me to say something.. but I cant. She scoffs, then turns back around continuing to leave. What did I just do..? I lost her. Again. It hurt the first time.. but it hurts even worse now, considering I'm the one who pushed her away this time. I couldn't help but collapse to the floor, in the cold rain, sobbing, not being able to breathe correctly. I let out a pained scream, hearing someone run up to me. I was on my knees crying, as I looked up and saw Caitlyn. 

YOUR POV..

     I'm far away, but it doesn't stop me from hearing her pained scream. I hesitate to keep walking for a moment, but quickly continue as her words just go through my head, over.. and over..

—-

     I order another drink at the bar, tears slowly coming down my face, as I started realizing even more what had just happened. I take a sip of my drink with shaky hands.

     "I assume something happened with you and your friend..?" I looked up and saw the bartender talking to me. He was an older man, someone that reminded me of Vander, even had his accent, plus the 'devilish charm' Vander claimed he had. I laugh a little through the tears and start to explain.

     "If that's what you wanna call her. I guess." I smile, and turn around watching the stage as a band walks up. "Are they new?" I ask the bartender behind me.

     "Yup, this is their first time here. A band called Imagine Dragons, I believe." He said, and continued cleaning the cups. I hummed in response, waiting for them to start playing. I jump a little as the music starts. It had a good beat, I quite liked it. "I think the song they are playing tonight is called, Enemy." I nodded and leaned back, relaxing myself while trying not to think of Vi. But the song just made it so much worse.

     I sat there, tears running down my face silently. I finish my drink and wipe my tears, then turn back to the bartender. He looks at me and raises his eyebrows, and I hold up a two with my fingers, like a peace sign. As he's making the drink, the bar starts to empty out as the song finishes. Next thing you know, it's just me and him. 

     "Wanna talk about it?" Ketner asks while handing me the drink. There was no alcohol in it this time, and I burst into tears immediately. He comes around the counter since there aren't any customers in here anymore, and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around him, and sob. I don't speak, just cry. He doesn't move, just keeps me in the hug as long as I want him to.

VI'S POV..

     "So what happened with you and your friend, Vi?" Caitlyn asked me. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I looked over at her, then responded.

     "I did something, that will probably be the thing to make her never talk to me again. I don't know what to do with myself. I just pushed away the girl I-" I stop myself, then start running towards an empty building, losing Caitlyn. I run more, then stop myself once I get to a certain building. I see Spark hugging a guy inside who reminds me slightly of Vander. I resist the urge to barge in and apologize, because it's not the right time. I walk away as quick as possible, going into a random building and breaking down. I need to stop thinking of her. I needed something to distract me.

     I stop crying, and walk out. I see Sevika. She betrayed Vander. She's the reason Silco is still here. My head fills with thoughts on what I could do to her to make her pay for everything she has done. I start running up to her and charge her.

—-

     "I'll give her your regards.." Sevika says, holding my face up. I wanted to jump up and choke her so bad, but I just couldn't. My body wouldn't let me move, it was too badly hurt. She raised her metal arm at me, getting ready to punch, but something shoots her. I look behind her and see Caitlyn with her rifle. She shoots again and again. Sevika eventually runs off, Caitlyn jumping down to me. 

     "Why'd you let her leave?" I said angrily.

     "Do you ever say thank you?" Caitlyn said in response, and helps pick me up.