Vander

VI'S POV..

     I walked in front, as everyone else walked behind me. I'd rather have Spark right next to me instead. I don't know what I would've done if I wasn't able to catch her when she jumped.

YOUR POV..

     "Nice haul?" A random guy asked us.

     "You could say that." Mylo answered. I saw Vi give him the look to shut it. I'm not sure why he would tell a random guy that we had a nice haul. Idiot.

     "I, uh, I heard there was some action across the river," The guy paused to flip his coin mid-air. "someone really kicked the nest, huh?"

     "Is that so?" Violet answered and turned around to continue heading home, but two skinny guys stopped her.

     "But know you're.. you're tracking this mess of yours through my streets.." The blonde guy said.

     "Your streets- what makes you think-" Before Vi could finish, Claggor cut her off.

     "Listen we don't want any trouble." Claggor said loudly.

     "You know in my experience, trouble finds you." The blonde says. "Now.. this doesn't have to get ugly, we just want a little taste.. alright?"

     "No way, we worked too hard to get this-" Violet put a hand on Mylo and walked forward.

     "Just.. one little taste?.." She asked the blonde. He started to speak again, and Vi quite literally gave him a taste. She got the bag and smashed it onto his face.

     "Ooh, you little sh-" Before he could finish, Claggor had already started punching him. Vi tossed the bag to Powder and she watched. I told her to run, and she did, but one of the guys flew by us and followed her. I tried to chase him, but another guy held me. I swung my head back hitting his nose, most likely breaking it.

     "Good job, Cupcake." Violet said to me. I sighed and let a small smile break loose before shoving her out of the way. A guy had come charging at her, but ended up hitting me instead. I don't know what made Vi more angry, me sacrificing myself for her, or a guy hitting me. Vi instantly got up and charged at him, pinning him to the ground and hitting him over and over again. I got up and behind Vi and tried lifting her off of him, but she wouldn't budge.

     "Claggor, I need you!" I shouted and Claggor came over, and in one quick move he lifted Vi off of him. "It's okay Vi, didn't know you were that in love with me.." I let out a quick laugh, but she wasn't amused.

    "He could've hurt you, why did you shove me out of the way. That was so stupid. You could've had your nose broken or anything!" She was shouting at me a lot, so I just asked Claggor and Mylo to go and find Powder. "I don't get why you would do that to yourself!" She continued to shout.

     "Well, you sacrifice stuff for people sometimes.. and I sacrificed my precious nose for you, Vi." I smiled and wiped the blood off of my lip with my thumb, then looked back up at her and she was staring at me. "Wh-" Before I could even finish my first word, she threw herself at me and hugged me tight. I hugged back, I just didn't know why she was being all friendly now after shouting like that.

     "Are.. we interrupting something..?" Mylo asked.

     "N-" I was going to answer Mylo, but I guess Violet decided to do that for me. "Yes. You are. But lets just get home, okay?" She said with a light blush on her cheeks, trying to walk as quick as possible.

---

     We shortly arrived at the place we loved to call home. Violet doesn't hesitate to warn us not to tell Vander, but we didn't have to. Word spread so quickly that he already knew.

     Vander had come in a couple minutes ago, and was now yelling only at Vi.

     "Did you ever stop and think for a moment, what could've happened to you? To them!?" He shouted. "I told you Piltover's off limits!" He kept shouting at Vi. Shortly after Vi mentioned something to him about him living in someones shadow, then he told everyone to get out, and everyone did exactly that.

VI'S POV..

     "Sit down." Vander told me, but I declined. "Sit. Down." He sounded more stern, so I just did it. "Those kids look up to you."

     "Yeah, I know." I replied.

     "Yeah you know, but you don't know." Vander sighed. "When people look up to you, you don't get to be selfish." I tried to speak "I'm not-" He cut me off. "You say run, they run. You say swim, they dive in. You say light a fire, they show up with oil. But whatever happens, it's on you." I sighed and looked down. "Just like it's on me what happens to us down here. We make ourselves a problem for Piltover, and they will send the enforcers."

     "So? Why answer to them?" I say getting more and more frustrated. "These are our streets, someone should remind them of that."

     "You're not hearing me. That path? This?!" He grabbed my bloody hand. "It's not gonna solve your problems. It'll only make more." I stare at my bloodied hand. "We clear?" He gets his handkerchief and puts alcohol on it, cleaning my wounds. "How'd you get this?"

     I explained the story of how an idiot was following us and trying to take our stuff. I told him that Powder threw it down into the ocean so she could run.

     "Nothing can tie you to what happened up there. You're gonna have to lay low for a bit, understand?" He said.

     "Okay.. we're gonna be fine, right?" I asked, thinking about Spark.

     "I'll take care of it." He said before walking off, but he stopped right before the stairs. "Oh, you did put that idiot on is ass though, right?" He asked.

     "Trust me, after seeing what he did to Spark? His nose will be crooked for life now. She pushed me out of the way so she would get hit instead of me, it was so stupid." I heard Vander chuckle. "What?" I ask.

     "She likes you. More than you think probably. And you like her too." He said before walking out. I was left there, my face completely red.

YOUR POV..

     I walk back in, Vander told Mylo and Claggor to go out with them, and Powder was in her bed trying to fix her bombs.

     "Woah, Pinky, you're starting to live up to your nickname. Why is your face so red?" I asked, giggling to myself. She only denies it, saying I'm seeing things. I sit right next to her, leaving no space between us. I notice her breathing get a little faster than it was before I sat down. "Do I scare you that bad?" I laugh. "You're breathing faster.."

     "What? No.. I'm just, tired, that's all." She says.

     She usually speaks so good, why's she pausing so much.

     "Thank you for beating that guy up for me, Violet." I say and give her a kiss on the cheek. I see her face light up red, and I laugh. "If you're tired, just lay down on me. I like when you do that." She looks at me, our faces an inch apart.

     "That's real cute, Cupcake.." She says, and then lays on my shoulder. I slink my arm around her waist, pulling her closer.