♔︎ 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ♔︎

༻ᅟᅟᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟ ᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟᅟᅟ༺

"what?! the emperor got away?!" a golden-haired female exclaimed with her blue gem orbs flickering in surprise, same as her father's.

"yes. apparently, during his execution, a black-haired man came and saved the former emperor, your highnesses." the red-haired knight said with his knee on the ground.

"black-haired man...?" athanasia whispered.

her head immediately snapped at lucas, the royal magician of the black tower. the mage just gave the crown princess a bored look.

"what?! why are you suspecting me?!" he exclaimed after seeing both royal highnesses giving him a suspecting look.

"it couldn't be sir lucas." felix said. "his hair is straight. the man who took the former emperor has a slightly curled hair."

"black, long, slightly curled hair..." athanasia murmured. "any ideas, lucas?"

"not that i can think of." lucas nonchalantly replied while picking his ears with his pinky.

"the knights must be searching for him all around obelia, no?" claude, the emperor said while lying on his chair.

they're all currently in the garden, having tea.

"it could be a woman if their hair is curly." athanasia said.

"unfortunately, all the knights during the execution didn't hear the intruder speaking. so they couldn't identify the gender."

"no one died?" athanasia asked in surprise. "that's a relief..."

"none, your highness. but everyone was injured to unconsciousness."

if lucas would be honest, he's feeling really bothered and uncomfortable. he first felt this weird feeling three days ago, while anastacius and his daughter were being sentenced.

ever since that day, he couldn't sleep well. he feels so uneasy. like something he wouldn't like is about to happen.

"and here i thought we wouldn't have to worry about this anymore..." athanasia sadly said. "d-does that mean... aeternitas—!"

"he's dead. i already killed him. i couldn't be wrong." lucas emphatically said.

"if someone saved him... it could be another ally. or someone from..."

"the house of alpheus?" athanasia mumbled. "no way. they already failed, so why would they have another attempt? and besides, the duke really loves jennette. he wouldn't let her be with the former emperor again."

"the princess is right. maybe it's a different ally." lucas said. "i'll investigate with the knights, then. we'll kill anastacius immediately."

"we shouldn't let the public know. or it might create an issue between the court and the imperial castle." athanasia said and stood up. "i might have to flee from our tea party, daddy."