♔︎ 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ♔︎

༻ᅟᅟᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟ ᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟᅟᅟ༺

"margarita!"

liberty didn't hesitate and threw herself at the child. the two of them rolled to the side, but liberty hugged jennette to keep her from the pain and impact.

after all, she can't just use her powers. she's not a registered magician.

"are you alright?!"

"m-mama…"

"you're shaking… you must've been scared." liberty mumbled and hugged her child again. "i'm sorry, baby. it's okay, you're alright now."

liberty helped jennette stand up.

"lippe! margarita!" anastacius rushed to the two, specifically to his child. "margarita. are you hurt badly? tell me immediately."

"no papa… i'm fine. mama protected me." jennette answered.

anastacius glanced back at liberty, but she was already gone.

"lippe?"

"i know you're a noble. i suggest you get down this carriage and talk about the casualties you've made." lippe darkly said while knocking at the carriage's door.

anastacius wanted to stop her, but he knows that he can't. and he's scared of her too, you know.

lippe was right too. the noble needs to face the mess he made. even if it wasn't really him, the carriage and the coachman are his.

huh. well, if it isn't the marquis de sade. liberty thought as the marquis went down the carriage. handsome, but an asshole.

she has a de sade customer at florentina. the marquis' little cousin. she would never forget a face like theirs.

"you, lady, got the guts to face the marquis." arthur de sade whispered after descending his face to liberty's face.

anastacius remained staring, but everyone can see how he was already murdering the marquis in his mind.

liberty scoffed. "thank you for the compliment, my lordship. your horse almost killed someone dearest to me."

the marquis rolled his eyes and started ordering his knights to fix the casualties he made. he also promised them to pay for what his carriage had destroyed.

"happy?"

"no." liberty said. "you still have to apologize."

arthur grinned. "you're very cute." he whispered. "where do i apologize?"

liberty rolled her eyes and went to jennette. "apologize to my daughter, marquis."

the people in town were whispering about liberty's relationship with the marquis. but the two of them ignored them all.