♔︎ twelve ♔︎

༻ᅟᅟᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟ♔︎ᅟ ᅟ♔︎ᅟᅟᅟᅟ༺

"so, my dear transmigrator, how are you doing so far, living in this foreign land?"

athanasia's eyes widened.

"w-what..."

liberty smiled. "don't act so naive now, ji hye." she said, making athanasia flinch.

"i've been guarding the gates of countless dimensions for years now. i may have no idea about how you ended up in this book, but i'm glad to have you here with my son." liberty said as she took the teacup from the bedside.

athanasia's face was filled with confusion and an expression that said "this is ridiculous!" but of course, liberty is a sorceress. athanasia's to believe her.

and liberty knows her real identity. is she someone she can trust? or will she bring her back? will liberty tell her that she's turning the events of this book the other way around and that she should disappear?

"hey. don't overthink." liberty called. "if you want to stay here, i don't care. if you want me to bring you back, just say the word."

"i want to stay."

"does lucas know your real identity?"

athanasia slowly nodded her head. so, they really do know each other.

"that's great, then."

there's no way i'd bring the dead back to earth anyway. over my dead body. liberty thought as she sipped her tea.

liberty smiled at athanasia, making the girl flinch and stand up straight again.

"i heard claude placed a couple of layers of black magic on himself?" liberty said. "would you be a good lamb and tell aunty everything?"

athanasia explained the roots of claude's black magic, as well as how she and lucas got involved and got rid of it.

"i see." she mumbled and glanced at the door. "have you explained to margarita on how she was involved in it as well? lucas must've been aware."

athanasia's face immediately became a question mark. liberty chuckled as she caressed lucas' hair.

"margarita." liberty called. "come in."

jennette peeked at the door before entering.

"i wasn't eavesdropping, i promise! i was just standing across the hallway, waiting..." jennette said as she rushed beside athanasia's side.

"i know." liberty said.

i placed magic before talking with you, so there's no need to worry. liberty said in athanasia's mind.

"margarita, were you aware of the black magic in you?"

jennette's eyes widened before she shook her head.