Chapter 8: Ominous premonition

***** Meanwhile, from Duan Tingxuan's perspective *****

"Well, forget it! I am not hungry anymore. I will be going to the study." Duan Tingxuan just tossed this sentence and immediately fled the dining room, leaving Xu Ran Yun wondering what had happened.

Duan Tingxuan also knew that he was a bit unreasonable.

His concubine, Xu Ran Yun, had spent hours preparing all these fine dishes for him.

But he really did not have the appetite for these dishes. When he looked at the various dishes filled with tantalising aromas and flavours, the image of the dumplings somehow always popped out. Compared to the taste of the dumplings he had before, all the other food seemed tasteless in comparison.

He was really upset. He could not eat much.

Instead of angering his concubine, he retreats to the safety of his study. Perhaps he would be hungry at midnight. When he is hungry, the food will taste much better.

When Duan Tingxuan arrived at the study, he saw Si Ping come out from the room. His eyes brightened, and he smiled, "How? Did you bring the thing I asked you to?"

Si Ping saw him and smiled - but his smile resembles more like crying, "Lord, spare my mother, please! A few days ago, she cooked some dumplings for you, and you said it is too oily. The day before, you said it is too mild and have no taste. Yesterday, you said that it is too salty."

"Today, when I went home, my mother cooked one more stove. I took a bite, and discovered that there is no taste. My mother discovered that she had forgotten to add salt. Lord, my mother is very old and could not stand this endless cooking. If this goes on, in future, I will not be able to eat when I go home."

"Is it as serious as you claimed?" Duan Tingxuan's face was black as he glared at Si Ping,

"Didn't you said that you can bleed rivers of blood for me, and is loyal to me? Right now, I did not even ask you to bleed. All I did is to ask you to go home and make some dumplings for me, and you wailed and sobbed like it is the end of the world?"

"You are still worried that you could not eat when you go home? No problem! If you cannot eat, you can starve to death. Do not worry, I will bury you and handle your burial expenses on account of your long service."

Si Ping could not say a single word.

Duan Tingxuan knows that he was taking his ire out on his innocent servant. The 3 earlier dumplings had already taught him that the taste of the dumplings does not depend on the dumpling name or type. It depends on who made those dumplings.

"Tell me, do you think it is possible that woman really gained the cooking skill from Yama, the king of hell?" Duan Tingxuan sat on the chair. Right now, his mind was filled with thoughts about the wife whom he does not want to meet.

"This.... ghost and immortal stuff, it is not possible for me to guess if it is true or not. But .... I feel that after Madam died and come back to life, she had completely become a different person. "Therefore, maybe, Yama the king of hell, that matter, maybe it is true."。

Completely become a different person.

Duan Tingxuan mind was blown, 'That's right, she had completely become a totally different person. It is just not her cooking skills. Her aura, the way she talks, her attitude and character are totally different. Even if someone had just escaped death, they would not change so drastically.'

This is interesting.

Duan Tingxuan grinned and leaned against the chair. Is it the case of another soul in the body? Or is it a fox spirit that possessing the body. Maybe a ghost had possessed her? These legends are not unheard of...