Chapter 28: Various Hidden Opinions

Puchi!" Xiang Yun accidentally let out a laugh. She quickly shook her head and said, "Since Missy did not say anything about it, then it should be all right."

The Old Madam was so happy when she heard this that her chopsticks came up again, but was interrupted by Duan Tingxuan, "Grandmother, you really can't eat more of these."

"Why? Didn't you bring this to me as filial consideration? Could it be that you secretly intend to keep this to yourself and is afraid that I'll eat everything? Is this why you want to stop me?" Old Madam Fang glared at her grandson, where's the filial consideration you wish to show me? How is this filial consideration? Are you trying to bully this old lady?

"Grandmother."

Duan Tingxuan didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Unexpectedly this strict grandmother of his who had always placed rules and customs above all else was actually a foodie. No wonder upon wondering into Mei Yue Lou he found himself unable to leave. So this was the source of it all. His parents had never placed any special importance on food, he'd been wondering just where had this bit of characteristic came from? Turns out it's from this venerable Old Madam.

"Hn?" the Old Madam snorted loudly, her meaning very clear. Just how are you going to explain yourself?

"Grandmother, there are still two more dishes. If you eat all the Liang Pi, wouldn't that leave you less space for other to enjoy other dishes? Don't say this grandson of yours did not warn you, the bone soup is almost too delicious to be true."

"What a close call, I almost forgot about this." in front of gourmet food, even the stern Old Madam could joke around. She pretended to wipe her forehead, as if she had really been frightened into a cold sweat. Then, her suspicion arose once more. "Bone soup? Isn't that stuff used to boil noodles or serve as extra seasoning for other dishes? Why? Can we really drink it straight?"

Duan Tingxuan nodded with a smile. "Oh yes, your grandson guarantees that this bone soup can be drunk straight. Once you try it, you'll be convinced that this is actually heavenly food, one that us humans could only sip a few mouthfuls."

"Is it really that good? To the point where you rearranged the poems of your ancestors?" Old Madam Fang felt curious and amused. By now, Duan Tingxuan himself could not wait any more and reached out to remove the cover on the third pot, and found himself looking at a pile of ordinary ingredients. Stir fried bean sprouts and fresh bamboo shoots. This was something normally eaten at the palace. In the eyes of everyone, there was a vague sense of relief, thank goodness something normal finally appeared.

It's just some regular cooking, how could this Su Nuan Nuan be some kind of chef?

Actually after many years of self polishing, Su Nuan Nuan had mastered the used of various seasoning to the point of perfection. Her grasp of heating technique was so perfect that even imperial kitchens could not be compared. How could a mere high official's palace kitchens be able to beat her in terms of technique?

Old Madam Fang grabbed a bowl of rice and ate half a plate of the bean sprouts in one go. She was almost full when she realized that they have not officially started eating yet. It's almost unbelievable how she had lost herself so many times in one day. With a slightly embarrassed face, she said. "Let's eat, let's eat, just letting you watch me eat makes me really self conscious."

The people around could not help themselves as they rolled their eyes. This old lady still have face to say this kind of words? Didn't you just happily ate half a plate? If you really have no self conscious, would you actually swallow the whole plate? Really, it's just some bamboo shoot and bean sprouts, do you really have to eat it like it's some kind of special gourmet food? What kind of good food have not touched your lips before?