Chapter 10: You Win!

"Duan Tingxuan, do you even want your face?"

Su Nuan Nuan stared at the rascal who still had crumbs of red bean paste sticking to the corners of his lips, and felt anger surging up. She rushed to the kitchen with an angry face. "Helping yourself to food, such actions might as well be called stealing, are you even a prince any more? Your mother, how dare you come here and steal food from a woman you've abandoned, do you even want your face any more?"

Practically exploding with anger, curse words fell from Su Nuan Nuan's mouth. The previous Su Nuan Nuan would never have resorted to such crude tactics, this behaviour actually horrified Si Ping, Hong Lian, and Xiang Yun to the point where they were scared to move. Si Ping, who was hidden to one side, was shivering and muttering to himself. "I already said that big madam is no demon, she's a monster."

Compared to the sadly lacking Si Ping, Duan Tingxuan was a like general who had seen the tides of war turned, fully personifying the idiom 'A man who has no shame has nothing to lose'. He faced Su Nuan Nuan accusations with folded arms and a sinister laugh, "Who said I stole anything? This is the palace, this Mei Ye Court is your lord's Mei Yue Lou, how could I steal food from my own house? Su Meng Nuan, have you forgotten? I have not issued any divorce papers yet, you're still my official wife, where is this abandoned wife you're talking about?"

This rascal had definitely come prepared.

Su Nuan Nuan quickly calmed down. There's no benefit to using hard tactics when facing down a shameless person. There's no point going down this path, this kind of feudal society will never back a woman up. The more she wanted to leave, the more this man would never let her go.

After considering it for a bit, she decided to abandon pointless argument and use action to convey her contempt for Duan Tingxuan. Quickly, she moved towards the dishes that Duan Tingxuan had grabbed and begun to very enthusiastically rain her spit at it.

"Su Nuan Nuan, you have guts." Duan Tingxuan roared, his anger towering over everything, but only for a moment. He felt deflated as he stared at the spit covered food.

"Your mother, just because I want some of your dishes, must you be so poisonous? At the very least, you're still getting an allowance from me, aren't these dishes cooked using ingredients from my kitchen, you... you, how could you be so petty? What happened to your face?"

The trembling Si Ping, Hong Lian, and Xiang Yun stood stock still for a moment. The three of them quietly exchanged dumbfounded looks with each other, before carefully backing out from the kitchen which had somehow turned into a battleground for these leading male and female actors. They had no choice, on such a small stage, bystanders could easily be turned into cannon fodder if they are not careful.

"As long as I can protect my food, why should I bother with face? Can I even eat it?"

Su Nuan Nuan kept her face expressionless, her heart laughing with glee: Well? Ready to give up, damned rascal? You've never faced such a brazen woman before, have you? Think the idiom 'A man who has no shame has nothing to lose' can only be applied to you? Pei! Open your eyes, there are many more experts outside of your little kingdom.

"Very good, you win this time." Duan Tingxuan never expected Su Nuan Nuan to be this unreasonable. Although he had faced her anger before, he had thought of it as just a temporary storm that would blow over in a few days after a massive explosion. He especially came today, thinking that even if the other party was still unhappy, they would not dare to be too full of themselves, and would perhaps be open to a reconciliation.

At this point, the prince had forgotten about his own 'A body taken over by a different soul' theory and was just busy being angry. He was angry that this damned wife of his has the cheek to disobey him, her great and dignified husband. Is she trying to rebel?