What She Wants

Heather Chandler had always gotten what she wanted one way or another. She hardly ever had to ask. Most of the time she just did what she wanted when she wanted to. She wanted to use her dad's credit card until it was maxed out? She got it. She wanted a brand new Porsche? She got it. She wanted to become the most popular girl in her school? She got it.

     That's why it was such a surprise to her when she wanted [Y/N], but couldn't get her. No matter how many times she asked or ordered the girl to be hers, she couldn't win her over, not even with small gifts and all of her attention. It hurt her, to say the least. How could someone ever reject being hers? She was admired by all, whether they hated her or loved her. She just couldn't keep her eyes off of [Y/N]. She was kind and selfless. And in her eyes, [Y/N] was beautiful—better looking than any of the other girls that tried so desperately to catch her eye. When she got desperate enough, she went to Veronica for help. She invited Sawyer to her house and asked for advice.

     Heather was pacing back and forth trying to think of a plan to win [Y/N] over. "I just don't know, Ronnie. Nothing I try has worked so far. I've tried giving her gifts, inviting her to our table for lunch, everything I can think of! She just doesn't want me." Veronica sighed and rested her chin in her palm. "Have you tried just being nice to her? Just start off with small-talk and build your way up from there. Don't just treat her like eye-candy or a possession of yours." Heather thought for a moment before spinning on her heel to face Veronica, who was now sitting on her bed. "But that's so much time and effort." Veronica rolled her eyes.

     "And it may be your only chance if you really want her to be yours. She's a human, Heather. She needs to be shown respect." Heather sighed and toyed with the ends of her hair. "I just...don't know how to start things off. I'm not exactly the kindest person." Veronica smiled at her admission and sat up straight. "I can help. Just try to say hi during classes and maybe ask for help on something. It's not much, but it'll get you two talking a little bit." Heather nodded. "But what do I do after that?" "After that, try to get her to talk about her weekend or something about her. If you only talk about yourself, she'll lose interest."

     Heather nodded again. She continued to ask for advice over the next several weeks as she managed to grow a bit closer to [Y/N]. The [h/c] girl wasn't entirely friendly with her at first, but she slowly started to enjoy Heather's presence and conversation. It was obvious that once Heather started to act like more of a friend, [Y/N] got to see her good side. They'd joke in the back of class and hang out after school. After a few months, Heather started to give her rides to and from school, in which they'd chat about their days and sing together with the songs that would play on the radio.

     Heather had to admit, she hated how long it took to get closer to [Y/N], but she was now grateful—several months after their first good interaction—that she was a friend. And now, Heather was ready to try to ask her out again. She had skipped one of Ram's parties and took [Y/N] out to drive around and listen to music as they talked. Halfway through one of their conversations about life outside of school, Heather casually asked if the [h/c] girl had a partner. When she said no, Heather was internally thrilled. She then asked if she was interested in anyone.

"Heather, are you trying to tell me something?" Heather's face went red as she averted her gaze and tried to focus on the road. "Well, I—uh..." She tried to change the subject, but she could feel [Y/N]'s gaze on her. After a moment, she sighed and gripped the steering wheel tightly. "I just...well...I like you, [Y/N]. Romantically. I figured you would've found that out from when I used to flirt with you months ago, but I guess not." [Y/N] giggled, earning Heather's attention. "It took a lot of courage to tell you that. I don't need you to laugh at me." "No, no, I'm not laughing at you because of your confession. I just think it's cute that you get so flustered."

Heather's face grew even more red. "O-Oh..." A moment passed with silence before [Y/N] spoke up again. "But I accept your confession, Heather. I like you romantically too." Heather froze, silently thankful they were at a red light. She turned her head to face the [h/c] girl, who was smiling warmly at her. "You...you do?" [Y/N] nodded. "Of course. When you aren't being cold towards everyone, you're actually really sweet and charming." Heather couldn't bite back her smile as it crept across her lips. "Oh..." She stared down at her lap for a moment until the light turned green. She continued driving as they sat in silence. After a while, Heather broke the silence.

"So...will you go out with me?" [Y/N] smiled and grabbed one of Heather's hands. "Of course I will." Heather squeezed her hand as her smile grew wider. Finally, she reached another red light where [Y/N] leaned over and pecked her on the cheek. She had finally gotten what she wanted. She finally had you.