She's Like My Own Personal Shield

(I'm gonna get straight into it)

Hi. I'm [Y/N] [L/N]. And yes, I am Heather Chandler's girlfriend. Sure, she's sweet and gentle with me, but.....well.....I'm not gonna sugarcoat anything, she can get very overprotective of me. And while I appreciate that she's looking out for me, it can get a little annoying sometimes. For example:

"Yo! [Y/N]! Wanna come hang out with Ram and I?"

I turned around to face Kurt, who had a strange smirk on his face. I cringed a bit and looked down the hall at my girlfriend. I gulped as I saw her stare at Kurt through the corner of her eyes as she put her books into her locker.

"S-Sorry Kurt. I can't. And quite frankly, I don't want to."

"Aw, come on babe. You ca—"

"Do not call me babe."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm already dating someone. And—"

"I didn't know we were dating."

"Shut up and let me talk. I'm already dating someone, I'm not into guys, and I hate you with every bone in my body. Now, if you'll excuse me, I—"

Kurt stepped in front of me, and grabbed me by the wrist.

"Uh uh uh. You're not going anywhere babe. Now, you should t—"

SMACK

My eyes widened as a foot came in contact with Kurt's face, sending him spiraling to the floor. I looked up at who just practically knocked Kurt out, only to find that it was Heather. I could see the burning fire of hate and disgust in her eyes. She kicked the back of Kurt's head before lifting his bruised face from the floor by his hair.

"Touch my girlfriend again, and see what happens. I don't want to see you anywhere near her again, got it?"

I swear, she said in a such a dark tone, even I was scared, even though I'm the one being protected by her. I looked at Kurt, who only gave a weak nod before his face met the floor again, Heather having let go of his hair. When he got up, he looked at Heather, who looked angrier than I thought she did earlier. Taking note that she was about to kill him, Kurt quickly scrambled to his feet before running as fast as he could out the nearest door. Heather made sure that he was gone before she walked over to me.

She threw her arm over my shoulder and pressed a surprisingly soft kiss to my cheek. I gulped and wrapped my arm around her waist, still kind of shocked from everything that has just happened in front of me. Most likely sensing my surprise, Heather giggled and pushed me against the wall.

"You don't have to worry [Y/N]. I would never hurt you. And also, you won't be seeing him for what I hope will be forever."

I smile and nod, relaxing as she pressed a kiss to my lips.

"Now....let's get home."

So, yeah. Heather's pretty overprotective of me. And...heh....if you think that was bad...then....listen to the next story I'm gonna tell you:

Currently, I was lying in bed with Heather cuddled up against me. We had been like this for the past ten or fifteen minutes, talking about random things that would pop into our minds. And while I was enjoying this, I was getting annoyed at my phone going off repeatedly. I eventually picked it up, and saw that my ex-boyfriend was texting me.

Hey.

Hey.

Hey, answer me.

(Pet name), answer me.

You'd better answer me now.

I was thinking.

You owe me one, so why not get back together with me?

I'll make your poor, miserable life worth something to me.

Hey!

You'd better answer me right now.

The messages continued like that for a while before I felt tears stinging my eyes, only a few managing to fall. I sniffled, and soon felt a warm hand wipe away my tears, kissing my neck slightly.

"Hey....what's wrong?"

I hesitated and looked down for a second, before handing the phone over to her. She read over the messages for a moment, and before I knew it, she was out of the bed, calling my jerk of an ex boyfriend. I listened to the whole conversation, my mouth slightly ajar. She put him on speaker for whatever reason.

"Ah, (pet name). So you finally make a good decision, and call me. So. I take it you w—"

"Listen up, you fuckwad. You'd better leave [Y/N] alone."

"Oh yeah? And why should I listen to one of her stupid little useless friends?"

"Well, for starters, I'm her girlfriend. So you'd better leave her alone for that. Also, you need to get a life and learn to respect women."

"Women don't need respect. They need to be hit until they understand that we men are in control. Y—"

"Alright you fucking asswipe. I tried to hold back, but if you're not going to cooperate here, and act like a fucking four year old brat, then I see plenty of reason as to why [Y/N] left you. Now, if you don't fucking mind, I'll be sure to find where you are, and make sure you get your scrawny ass thrown in jail."

I stared with wide eyes at Heather, who hung up and handed me the phone, which showed that she had blocked his number for me. She sighed and sat back down next to me, kissing my temple.

"Don't worry about him baby. He won't hurt you as long as I'm here."

I stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"O-O...kay.....b-but....did you really mean the thing about throwing him in jail?"

"Uh, yeah? I mean, you left him because he was abusive, right?"

"Y-Y-Yeah..."

"Well, that's enough reason right there."

I stared down at my phone before tossing it across the room, onto my beanbag chair.

"Alright. Do you want to come with me?"

"Where are you going?"

"I was gonna go get you something from the mall."

"What're you getting me?"

"You'll see. If you come with, that is."

"Yeah......okay. I'll go. But....only if you hold my hand while we're there."

Heather smiled and kissed me longer than usual. When she pulled away, she grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

"Of course."

Now, I wouldn't necessarily call that being overprotective, but she knows when to get stern with someone. And while I do love her, sometimes I wish she would be a little nicer to people. I understand that she only wants me to be safe, but when she's always got her arm around me while talking to a friend, or making one of my friends fear her with a warning, it's....not exactly the best thing to do.

Anyways, I should probably go. Heather and I were fixing to g—

"[Y/N], are you ready to go? ...who is that?"

"Uh...well, this is...one of my friends. Please don't scare them."

"I won't, but I'd like to speak to them alone for a moment."

Oh boy. Well, good luck with her. I'll see you later if she doesn't terrify you.

Goodbye!