𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊 ~ 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖘

THEY STRODE INTO THE THRONE ROOM BEHIND TYRION AND MISSANDEI, Davos on Jon's right, Yelena on his left. On the large rocky throne, sat a beautiful silver-haired young woman, regal and proud.

Missandei's voice rang out through the room. "You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains."

Silence filled the space before Ser Davos filled it. "This is Jon Snow." he stated simply. "He's King of the North."

Yelena bit back a smile. "Apologies, Queen Daenerys," she intervened. "It would seem not all of us are as familiar with our titles as you."

She raised a brow at the princess. "Are you?"

She inclined her head. "I am Yelena of House Baratheon and House Lannister, firstborn to King Robert of the Seven Kingdoms and his only trueborn heir, Princess of Westeros, Call of the Wolf and Defiant of Death." she added on the title Lord Swann had given her with a slight twinge of satisfaction.

"The usurper's daughter."

Yelena only shook her head. "I don't want the throne. I never did. I wished only to see a better ruler sitting on it than my brother."

The queen's eyes turned to Jon. "Thank you for travelling so far, my lord. I hope the seas weren't too rough."

He nodded. "The winds were kind, Your Grace."

"Apologies," Davos stepped in with a frown. "I have a flea bottom accent, I know, but Jon Snow is King in the North, Your Grace. He's not a lord."

Her eyes narrowed. "Forgive me..."

Tyrion rescued them. "Your Grace, this is Ser Davos Seaworth."

"Forgive me, Ser Davos. I never did receive a formal education, but I could've sworn I read the last King in the North was Torrhen Stark, who bet the knee to my ancestor, Aegon Targaryen. In exchange for his life and the lives of the Northmen, Torrhen Stark swore fealty to House Targaryen in perpetuity. Or do I have my facts wrong?"

"I wasn't there, Your Grace." he said simply.

She smiled. "No, of course not. But still, an oath is an oath. And perpetuity means-" she tilted her head. "What does perpetuity mean, Lord Tyrion?"

"Forever." Yelena's eyes were full of mistrust when they landed on her uncle. She'd put faith in their history of allegiance and trust when she agreed to come, when she didn't advise Jon against it. But she was beginning to question how right she was. Did he truly believe the North would just bend the knee without firsthand proof that Daenerys was worthy of that loyalty?

"Forever." the queen echoed. "So I assume, my lord... you're here to bend the knee."

Silence ensued. Yelena's gaze drifted to Jon. "I am not." he said finally.

"Oh." Daenerys's smile transformed into something sourer. "Well that is unfortunate. You've travelled all this way to break faith with House Targaryen?"

"Break faith?" much like the queen's, his smile held no amusement before it faded entirely. "Your father burned my grandfather alive. He burned my uncle alive. He would have burned the Seven Kingdoms-"

"My father..." she looked down now. "Was an evil man. On behalf of House Targaryen... I ask your forgiveness for the crimes he committed against your family. And I ask you not to judge a daughter by the sins of her father. Our two houses were allies for centuries, and those were the best centuries the Seven Kingdoms have ever known. Centuries of peace and prosperity." She lifted her chin high. "With a Targaryen sitting on the Iron Throne and a Stark serving as Warden of the North. I am the last Targaryen, Jon Snow. honour the pledge your ancestor made to mine. Bend the knee and I will name you Warden of the North. Together, we will save this country from those who would destroy it."