𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 ~ 𝖗𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖌𝖆𝖑

THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF ONLOOKERS AS THY RODE THROUGH THE NORTH TO WINTERFELL, everyone watching in awe or fear or both as the Unsullied and Dothraki overtook the road, the King of the North riding amongst them. Daenerys and her horse took the lead, with Jon and Yelena side-by-side just behind her.

"I warned you." Yelena called softly up to Daenerys as the queen took in the wary stares. "Northerners aren't keen on trusting outsiders."

A roar suddenly split the air, causing gasps and shouts as the people looked to the skies to find Drogon and Rhaegal soaring overhead. A few people began to panic as Drogon swooped low before both flew straight for Winterfell, climbing higher and higher until they flew straight up over the castle.

When they came through the gates, Yelena's eyes flew straight to the wheelchair-bound figure next to Sansa. Jon sped up and the princess followed close behind, watching with a smile as he hugged his brother, smiling. "Look at you. You're a man."

"Almost." Bran's voice was calm, and the look on Jon's face made Yelena want to laugh, but instead, she strode forward, wrapping Bran in a hug of her own.

She smiled as she pulled back. "I missed you." she followed his gaze to Daenerys as Jon hugged Sansa.

"Where's Arya?" he asked.

A little smile appeared on Sansa's face. "Lurking somewhere." She too was watching the dragon queen carefully.

Finally, the other woman approached. "Queen Daenerys of House Targaryen." Jon said by way of introduction. "My sister, Sansa Stark, the Lady of Winterfell."

"Thank you for inviting us into your home, Lady Stark." Daenerys smiled. "The North is as beautiful as your brother claimed, as are you."

Sansa's smile looked rather forced now, and there was mistrust in her eyes. "Winterfell is yours, Your Grace." she looked to Yelena. "Princess, your bannermen have arrived. Lord Swann was not the only one to answer your call. Lord Estermont has come, as has Lord Connington. They brought us men and food." Yelena's eyes lit with a spark of hopefulness at that.

"We don't have time for all this." Bran interrupted. "The Night King has your dragon. He's one of them now." the queen's brows furrowed. "The Wall has fallen, the dead march south."

Yelena continued to watch the boy, but Jon's worried and confused eyes were on Sansa now. What happened to him all those years nobody saw?

***

In the Hall, Jon sat at the head table, Sansa on his right, Yelena on his left, and Daenerys on her left.

"As soon as we heard about the Wall, I called all our banners to retreat to Winterfell." Sansa announced. "Lord Umber!" the young boy stood, stepping forward. "When can we expect your people to arrive?"

His face was solemn. "We need more horses and wagons, if it please my lady." he frowned. "And... my lord." He blinked at Daenerys. "And my queen. Sorry."

"You'll have as many as we can spare." Sansa told him. "Princess Baratheon?"

Yelena nodded. "Lord Connington, your people are known for their many great steeds. Will you spare some for us?"

Lord Connignton rose, looking slightly uncomfortable surrounded by northern lords in this cold place, but he nodded. "We have many horses, my princess. You will have as many as needed."

She smiled a bit. "Thank you, my lord." she gave Sansa a nod.

Sansa looked back to Lord Umber. "Hurry back to Last Hearth and bring your people here."

"Lord Connington, if you will." at the princess's command, the Lord turned, following the little Lord Umber out.

"We need to send raven's to the Night's Watch as well." Jon pointed out. "There's no sense in manning the castles anymore. We make our stand here."