𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 ~ 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖉

TWO DAYS LATER THE TROOPS WERE ORGANISED AND SET TO GO. Yelena was slipping on her gloves as she made her way down from her room to join Daenerys when a hand pulled her into an empty chamber out of sight. A small squeak escaped her lips, but her defensive instincts settled when she saw who it was. "Gods, don't scare me like that!" she snapped quietly, giving his arm a playful smack.

Jon gave a halfhearted chuckle. "Sorry. I just wanted to see you before you left." he reached out to gently brush back a piece of her hair. "Be careful, alright?"

A small smile flickered across her lips as she took his hands in hers. "I'll be fine. I'll be riding a bloody dragon, high above any danger."

He sighed. "I know. But we seem to face the most unexpected threats these days. I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Hey we survived the white walkers, didn't we? And there was a time when that was the most unexpected threat there was."

"Yeah. There was." his eyes crinkled with a small smile. "I suppose I'll see you in the south then, princess."

She laughed softly, standing on her toes to kiss him. When she stepped back, she gave a little wink. "See you in the South, Lord Snow."

***

She stood at the queen's side as the dragons snorted and growled softly, more than ready to get out of the North. She moved to Rhaegal's side, scaling it easily now. As soon as she was settled at the base of his neck, gripping the spines, he took a running start, lifting off into the air. Dany and Drogon followed closely behind, the girls exchanging smiles. They swooped by one another easily in the sky. Rhaegal wasn't entirely healed yet, but Yelena weighed about as much to him as a flea to a dog. As they continued on their flight, Yelena edged him a bit closer to his brother. She dared not get too close to Drogon's air space, but she wanted to be close enough to speak to Daenerys without shouting. Thankfully, the dragons' wing beats were much quieter from above.

"Why did you want to speak to me?" Dany asked finally, sounding a little tense.

Yelena sighed. "I know about Jon. I know who he really is."

The silver-haired woman's expression changed, as though she were bracing for terrible news. "And you think he should be king."

The princess blinked. "What? No! Hells no. Jon would hate it. He would hate the South too."

She frowned. "So why do you want to talk about it?"

"Because I know you're afraid people will choose him if they know. He's a man, and they know him better. He's lived in Westeros all his life. To them, that makes him a more desirable candidate."

"So what do you suggest?"

The corner of Yelena's lips twitched upward. "Don't let them find out. They never need to know the truth. When you take the throne, grant him the Stark name. People don't ever need to know he's not a Snow. they won't care what he used to be once he's a Stark."

She seemed to take that in. "That's... a really good idea actually."

"Oh, I'm full of those." Both girls chuckled. Ahead of them, they could see Dragonstone, and the two dragons set their sights on it, flying a little faster now. They veered around to fly another moment before landing, but then out of nowhere, what looked to be a giant crossbow bolt flashed across Yelena's vision, and she felt the dragon jolt beneath her. He screamed in pain as the princess panicked, trying desperately to hold on. Another hit. And then another. This one plunged straight through his throat, and she watched him choke out blood as he fell. A scream escaped her lips. "RHAEGAL!" and then they crashed into the sea. In a moment of shock, she nearly sucked in a breath of water, but managed to keep her mouth clamped shut. Red pooled around dragon and girl, and her heart broke as she watched him sink below her. But there was another problem too; his sinking was pulling her down. Righting herself, she swam desperately for the surface, but the attack above water continued, raining down wood and steel and other things that threatened to hit her and knock the last of the air from her lungs. Just as her vision began to cloud, she felt something pull her from the water. She landed on a wood deck, coughing as she listened to the voices shouting, and then her vision faded to darkness.