𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝 ~ 𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝖒𝖞 𝖉𝖆𝖞𝖘

SHE LEANED INTO THE HUG WITH A SIGH, feeling a bit bad for leaving her, but when she pulled back, the queen was smiling. "Send a raven when you've returned, won't you?"

Yelena smiled. "Of course. Goodbye, Your Grace." The girls exchanged smiles again, and the ex-princess hopped up onto her horse alongside Jon, Arya and Ser Davos. Finally she was going home to stay.

The road wasn't all that exciting. They rode hard through the days to make it there faster, so less than a month felt like even less than that.

One night, Jon found Yelena out looking at the stars. She heard footsteps, and smiled when she turned to find him approaching. "What are you doing out so late?" he asked with a little smile.

Her eyes returned to the sky. "They're beautiful." she said softly. "I used to watch them all the time, look for the brightest ones, look for little patterns. I haven't done it in years. I thought I might start again."

He tilted his head, as if trying to see the patterns she meant, and she giggled at the tinge of confusion in his expression. He grinned down at her, taking her hand in his and spinning her around as she let out a little laugh. His expression turned serious after a moment, and she frowned in concern. "What's the matter?"

"Lena-" he paused, trying to figure out how to say what he wanted to say when he could barely hear his own thoughts over the pounding of his heart. "I fell in love with you when we were thirteen." he blurted out. "I don't think I ever stopped, and I don't wish that I had even if it was awful to miss you so much sometimes, but..." he took a breath. "I don't ever want to stop being in love with you, and I never want to be without you."

She smiled softly. "That was my line."

He exhaled very slowly, trying and failing to calm his nerves. "Marry me."

Yelena blinked, her eyes becoming wide as her breath caught in her chest. "I- what- you-"

"Love you. I love you. I always have and I always will and I don't think I could-"

"Shut up. Oh gods, just shut up." he froze and she jumped forward, pressing her lips to his and feeling his arms surround her, the shock passing as he kissed her back. She drew back, taking a breath as a smile split her face. "Yes."

"Yes?" he gasped.

"Yes."

*Jon POV*

Jon rode through the gates of Winterfell, Yelena by his side. They hadn't told anyone yet, wanting to tell everyone at once, but as far as he could tell, she didn't regret what she'd said. That had been his biggest fear; that she would say yes and wish she hadn't. But she didn't.

He watched her slide from her horse as Sansa came out, the two girls laughing softly as they pulled one another into a hug. "You did it." Sansa grinned. "You freed the North."

Yelena chuckled. "Well, I only played a minor role in that."

The redheaded girl shook her head with an amused eye roll, as if she couldn't believe her friend was discrediting her actions. She moved to pull Jon and Arya into a hug too. "There's more news than that." Jon smiled. "I suppose we should call a meeting for it."

Soon enough, Lords filled up the Hall. Jon sat alone at the head table, feeling rather odd about it. He stood, silencing the murmurs of the room. "You all know by now that the North is it's own kingdom, with its own king." cheers rang out, before quietling again, and Jon smiled a bit. "But I can't do this job alone. I have my advisors, of course, but I need someone far smarter than them and far smarter than me. And so I've brought us home a queen who will rule beside me. Yelena Baratheon." cheers and applause rang out. The lords, he realised, trusted her. They knew she wasn't just some southern princess. The North was her home as much as it was theirs. She'd spent half her life growing up at Winterfell. He looked over to find Sansa and Arya grinning excitedly at her, probably congratulating her. Their eyes met, and he gestured for her to come up beside him. The Hall slowly began to quiet again as she stood, making her way over to his side.

Her eyes sparkled with joy, her hand linking with his before her gaze turned out to the lords. "I've always loved the North." she told them. "I loved it in a way I could never have loved King's Landing. I never thought I was worthy of having any power here when I was born a southern princess, but it has been given to me all the same. I hope I can prove to be worthy of it." Jon found himself smiling down at her as they cheered again. She was perfection made human.

Jamie Lannister stood then, moving to stand before them. His eyes were on his niece. "Your Grace." he knelt, and she shook her head, looking as though she were trying not to smile.

"Please, rise."

He did. "I know I have no right to ask anything of you, but when I first came north, it was you who vouched for me, who saved me from a fate I likely deserved and made me your loyal knight. I ask now that you allow me to pledge my sword to you as queen, that I may be one of your Queensguard."

She blinked, looking a bit surprised, and the room seemed to be holding its breath as it waited for her answer. She took a breath, holding her head high. "I will allow you this honour, uncle. But I will not use old rules in a new age. You may be my protector, but you do love someone, do you not?" he hesitated before nodding. A small smile crossed her face. "I will not forbid you from having this partner. I name you Jamie Lannister, Oathkeeper, first knight of my Queensguard."

***

That night, there was a feast that was nothing short of grand. There was laughter and chatter and food and dancing, and a King and Queen with secret plans at the head table. After a while, Yelena stood, excusing herself from her current conversation. She looked to Jon, giving him a tiny nod before heading off to her room. A few minutes passed, and he rose to go to his. There wasn't much for him to do but donn his fur cloak before heading out into the night towards the Godswood. He didn't have to wait long.

The breath was stolen from his lungs when she stepped out into the snowy wood. The white dress she wore was simple, but beautiful, the soft material meant for the cold somehow framing her form perfectly. Her hair fell softly down her back and spilled over her shoulders, let completely loose. He'd never seen her hair let down before aside from after the few nights they'd spent together, but this was different. This was pure radiance. She wore delicate white gloves, furred at the wrists, and only a single piece of jewelry; a wolf pendant bumping lightly against her collarbone as she moved towards him, a soft smile on her face. Blinking himself out of his shock, he held out his hand, and she took it gently, letting him lead her the last few steps.

There they stood before their septon with his great books, both of their hearts pounding. They'd never really known what they were before now, only what they'd had, and what they'd had was love. Jon continued to watch the woman next to him reverently as the septon wrapped their hands together in white cloth. He looked to both of them for confirmation, and they nodded. "In the sight of the Seven," he uttered. "I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity." he stepped back. "Look upon one another,and say the words."

When Jon turned to Yelena, he could see her eyes shining, the perfect smile gracing her lips. And they spoke in perfect unison.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger,"

"I am his and he is mine,"

"I am hers and she is mine,"

"From this day until the end of my days."

A/N
Short chapter, I know, but omg y'all ain't ready for the epilogue tomorrow. I'm not ready for this to be over
😢