𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊 ~ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

YELENA STOOD AROUND THE WAR TABLE WITH THE LORDS, knights, commanders, pretty much any trusted advisor and the queen.

"They're coming." Jon told them. "We have dragonglass and Valyrian steel. But there are too many of them. Far too many. Our enemy doesn't tire. Doesn't stop. Doesn't feel." he sighed. "We can't beat them in a straight fight."

"So what can we do?" Jamie asked.

"The Night King made them all. They follow his command. If he falls... getting to him may be our best chance."

"If that's true, he'll never expose himself." the knight pointed out.

"Yes he will." Once again everyone turned, intrigued by the warg's point of view. "He'll come for me. He's tried before many times, with many Three-Eyed Ravens."

"Why?" Sam asked. "What does he want?"

"An endless night. He wants to erase this world, and I am its memory."

"That's what death is, isn't it?" realised the Night's Watch brother. "Forgetting. Being forgotten. If we forget where we've been and what we've done, we're not men anymore. Just animals." he looked back to Bran. "your memories don't come from books. Your stories aren't just stories. If I wanted to erase the world of men, I'd start with you."

Tyrion's brow was furrowed. "How will he find you?"

"His mark is on me." Bran lifted his sleeve to reveal what looked like a burn in the shape of fingers. "He always knows where I am."

Jon nodded. "We'll put you in the crypt, where it's safest."

"No. We need to lure him into the open before his army destroys us all. I'll wait for him in the Godswood."

"You want us to use you as bait?" Sansa asked disbelievingly.

"We're not leaving you alone out there." Arya said.

"He won't be." Everyone looked at Theon. "I'll stay with him. With the Ironborn." His gaze shifted from the table to Bran. "I took this castle from you. Let me defend you now."

Bran nodded, and Ser Davos directed his attention back to the battle plans. "We'll hold off the rest of them for as long as we can."

"When the time comes," Tyrion said. "Ser Davos and I will be on top of the walls to give you the signal to light the trench."

"Bet you wish you had some wildfire now." Yelena sighed, and her uncle made a face in agreement.

"Ser Davos is perfectly capable of waving a torch on his own." Daenerys interjected. "You'll be in the crypt."

The dwarf pursed his lips. "Your Grace, I have fought before, I can do it again. Alongside the men and women risking their lives."

"There are thousands of them and only one of you. You can't fight as well as they can, but you can think better of any of them. You're here because of your mind. If we survive, I'll need it." After a second of hesitation, he nodded.

"The dragons should give us an edge in the field." Davos said.

"If they're in the field, they're not protecting Bran." Jon argued. "We need to be near him. Not too near or the Night King won't come. But close enough to pursue him when he does."

"And the dragonfire will stop him?" Yelena asked, looking to the boy.

"I don't know." Bran said simply. "No one's ever tried."

Tormund huffed a breath. "We're all going to die."

Yelena's lips twitched. "I can think of worse places to die, worse company to die with."