Chapter Four

Concern and fear for Natasha flooded Brianna's mind as she paced around Tony's lab. She couldn't even focus on the body in the cradle. She, like her dad, wanted to know if Nat was okay. She kept her distance from the glowing box. She didn't know what scared her more, the gemstone that could cause destruction or the body. All she could do was stare at it with crossed arms.

"This is sealed tight." Her dad observed as he attempted to open it.

"We're gonna have to access the program, break it down from within." Dr. Banner told him.

Brianna didn't think they should even be touching the box much less attempting to open it. That was an opinion she kept to herself though.

Tony stopped in front of her dad. "Hm. Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside of the internet, old school spy stuff?"

"There's some nets I can cast. I'll find her." Clint said before turning to his daughter. "You, stay put. However, if Tony starts messing with the stuff he shouldn't, run."

She attempted to crack a smile. "Noted. Do you think Captain Rogers is okay?"

Clint wanted to shoot his daughter a look. He wanted to scold her for showing interest in him, but he couldn't. He just wanted to comfort her. "I'm sure he's fine. He can take care of himself."

She watched him leave and took a seat on one of the chairs in the lab. She attempted to drown out the sound of Tony and Bruce talking. She didn't want to hear a word about their conspiring. They shouldn't have been touching the cradle much less discussing uploading a conscious to it. Part of knew she should say something, but they wouldn't listen to her.

"I'm only going to say this once." She heard Steve's voice.

She jumped up from the chair and looked to see him standing there with two more people that she had never seen before. It was a guy and girl, both around her age.

"How about 'nounce'?" Tony asked.

"Shut it down!" Steve yelled.

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Tony argued.

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do?" Bruce asked and his eyes adverted to the girl. "She's not in your head?"

Who was this girl?

"I know you're angry." The girl finally spoke.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce spat.

Brianna's eyes widened. "Perhaps we should all cool down?"

"You don't know what's in there!" The girl said referring to the cradle.

"This isn't a game-" Steve was cut off.

"The creature-" the girl was also cut off by the guy running suddenly.

It wasn't really running. It was more like...super speed? In seconds the lab had been destroyed. The sound of gun going off caused everyone to jump. No one had any idea where the shot came from. All they saw was the guy dropping down through broken glass. Brianna walked forward and leaned over the edge to see her dad standing below him. It was clear the two of them had some sort of beef.

Alarms started going off from the computers and Steve threw his shield. It bounced off more computers, instantly destroying them. She ducked down just in time for Tony's Iron Man suit to come flying out of nowhere and attach to his body. He shot at Steve and he flew back, landing next to her.

She looked at him with wide eyes as she fumbled for an arrow. "You okay?"

"Oh, yeah." He said sarcastically.