Chapter Thirty Five

"We're going to space." Brianna said breathlessly as she slipped on her uniform. "Actual fucking space. I mean, any other time I would have been excited, but times are different now. Okay. I'm a little excited."

Steve couldn't help, but smile at the wide eyed look his girlfriend was giving him. He had never seen her so dazed before. "It's okay. I'm a little excited too."

"Really?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Really." He told her.

"Do you think this will work?" She asked curiously as she slung the arrow holder over her body. She didn't even know why she was bringing them. It wasn't like they did much good the first go around with Thanos.

Steve sighed. "I hope so."

After they both finished getting dressed, they joined the rest of the group on board the ship. She could feel herself growing nervous as she buckled herself in. She checked the buckle a total of ten times to ensure that it was secure.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asked as he fired the ship up.

Steve, Nat, Rhodey, and Brianna all raised their hands. Rocket mumbled something about not throwing up on his ship which caused panic to arise in pretty much everyone. Brianna gripped the arms of her seat as the ship began to shake. For a second, she thought she was going to die as it took off. She had never felt such force before and it certainly wasn't pleasant.

However, she was in space and that was pretty fucking cool. Her eyes widened as a kaleidoscope of colors appeared in front of her. She had never seen so many stars and colors before. She wondered how many other galaxies there were that they were passing by. Steve caught her gaze and he could see the stars glittering in her eyes. She was so beautiful, he thought to himself, even in space after they endured hell.

The planet was quite beautiful. She saw why Thanos had chosen it. It reminded her of a tropical area similar to one in South America. Once they were given the all clear from Carol, they began to walk to where he was supposedly staying. The plan was to surprise him. Carol first. Bruce and Thor would follow suit since they were all the strongest.

The rest of them would follow suit. They were all cautious as they walked. They had no idea what was waiting for them. As soon as the hut came into view, Carol took off. When Brianna and the others finally got inside they found Thanos with Carol's arm wrapped around his neck and his arm with the gauntlet had been cut off. Part of his body had been severely burned.

Rocket walked over to the gauntlet and kicked it. Nobody moved when they realized there were no stones in it.

"Where are they?" Steve asked angrily.

Carol tightened her grip. "Answer the question!"

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos answered.

He had destroyed the stones. Any hope of getting anyone back was diminished.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce yelled and tackled him to the ground out of rage.

"You should be grateful." Thanos told him.

"Where are the Stones?" Natasha asked.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." Thanos said.

Brianna shook her head. "No. That can't be possible. You used them two days ago."

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be." Thanos said. "I am... inevitable."