Chapter Thirty Eight

Brianna had no idea how she was going to react when she laid eyes on her father. Part of her thought she would embrace him. The other part of her thought she would simply ignore him until they finished the job. Either way, it was eating her up inside. She tried her best to ignore the thought of a reunion by busying herself with tasks. She would stand by a toolbox and hand tools to Tony or Rocket when they yelled for some.

She helped Tony and Bruce piece together suits that could withstand the quantum realm. She went through and organized her arrows ten times. She was aware of the lingering stares from Steve. He wanted to make sure she was okay. He had noticed that she seemed more withdrawn. Like she was there, but not fully. He would ask her if she was okay and she would just shrug her shoulders and say that she was tired.

Brianna stood in a room with Bruce, Scott, and Rhodey. They had just finished completing the time travel suit and wanted to do a test run.

"Time travel suit? Not bad." Rhodey said somewhat impressed.

Brianna smiled amused. "I think you look like a stormtrooper."

Scott shot her a look while Bruce messed with something on the suit. "Hey, hey! Easy!"

"I'm being very careful." Bruce told Scott.

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott argued and held up a vial with red liquid. "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Scott, calm down." Brianna told him.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." He said before accidentally pressing a button. He disappeared for a second before returning. "One test run."

Brianna shook her head before walking out of the room to join the other's. Natasha had returned, but she still had not seen her father.

"All right. I'm not ready for this." Scott said nervously.

"I'm game. I'll do it." A familiar voice said.

Brianna didn't move from her spot as she heard her father's voice for the first in my five years. He sounded sober this time which Brianna find slightly reassuring. Steve looked over at her gave her a reassuring nod and she finally glanced over her shoulder to look at her dad. He leaned against the doorframe of the room. His hair had changed into something resembling a mow-hawk. An arm full of tattoos adorned one of this arms.

He barely acknowledged her. He only stole a quick look at her before looking back at everyone else. She kept her distance as Bruce and Scott helped him into the suit before he walked up to the platform. Even though they weren't exactly on speaking terms, Brianna was still nervous. She didn't want to lose another person she loved. She walked over to where Bruce stood in front of the controls.

"He's going to be okay, right?" She whispered to him.

"Yeah. He'll be okay." Bruce didn't sound very sure, but he wasn't going to tell Brianna that. He placed his hand down on the lever and turned his attention back to Clint. "Alright, Clint. We're going in 3... 2... 1!"

Brianna reached out to Steve and clasped his hand tightly as she waited for her father to return. It felt like the longest few seconds of her life. When she finally saw her dad return, she let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. Natasha ran to his side to help him stand. When he did, she could see a familiar object in his hand. A mitt.

"It worked!" He said excitedly.

It worked. The damn thing worked. She almost broke down into tears. They were going to get everyone back. She would see her mom, Laura, her siblings, Wanda, Sam, Bucky and the list went on an on. They just had to figure out the specific time period and location they would all go to.