Chapter Thirty Three

Brianna remembered the countless nights Steve and her would lay in bed together and she would ask him to describe Wakanda to her. He often said it was the most beautiful place he had ever been to. None of his descriptions came close to actually seeing it in person. The rolling hills. Endless forest. The technologically advanced looking buildings that pierced the perfect blue sky. It was absolutely stunning.

The Quinjet landed on the platform and the hatch opened. Waiting for them was T'Challa with a large army behind him. She watched from the side as Steve and T'Challa exchanged pleasantries as if they were friends. From behind T'Challa emerged Bucky. His hair had grown longer from the last time she saw him. He had a new metal arm to replace the one Tony had blasted off him. After he hugged Steve, he gave Brianna the smallest nod.

Sam, Rhodey, Bucky and her stayed outside while the others went inside to figure out how to remove Vision's stone without killing him. She didn't mind being outside. It allowed her to take in the beautiful views of the country. A flash of light caught all four of their attentions. At first it looked like a meteor but the closer it got the more they all realized it was an alien ship of some sort.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam said into their coms.

Brianna jumped back slightly as the force field blew the ship to pieces. "Holy shit."

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Sam observed.

She tightened the grip on her bow as more and more ships came into view. The Force field managed to deflect all of them, but she wasn't sure how much it could actually take. Moments later T'Challa, Bruce, Natasha and Steve appeared outside with an army in tow.

"We have a plan?" Brianna asked.

"We need more time to retrieve the stone. We have to do whatever it takes to make sure they don't get to Vision." T'Challa explained.

They boarded small transports that would take them down to where the dome ended. The closer they got to the edge, the more vessels came into view. She was nervous. She had to admit. Even with a whole army standing behind them and the world's mightiest heroes, it wasn't going to be an easy fight. She stood still as T'Challa, Natasha and Steve went to speak to the aliens.

One of the aliens raised her arm and more vessels appeared. She could feel her hope dwindling.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asked as Steve, T'Challa and Natasha returned.

"Not exactly." Steve told him.

Creatures, that she could only describe as alien dogs with four arms and large, sharp teeth came barreling towards the force field. They were trying their best to get through. The ones that did manage to get through got themselves cut in half. They began to surround the perimeter of the dome even after Rhodey dropped bombs on them.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us...There's nothing between them and Vision." Sam said.

"Them we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve told him.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked T'Challa.

He was quiet for a moment. "We open the barrier."

Brianna's grip on her bow tightened. She withdrew an arrow from behind her. She had to be ready for anything at that point. Once the barrier opened, a war would start.

"Now!" T'Challa yelled.

The barrier opened and the creatures came pouring in. She began to fire as many arrows as she possibly could at the creatures. It seemed for like every one that was killed, a hundred more would appear. She shot at them. She fought them. She even attempted to stab them with the arrows. It's like they weren't even making a dent.