coming out.

{I just wanna say that I'm using she/her pronouns for Y/N, but if y'all ever want a chapter with Y/N using any different pronouns lmk. I would be more than happy to use different pronouns to make people more comfortable}

Billie's POV:
I felt a thin layer of sweat form as I sat in the green room, elbows on my knees while my right leg bounced up and down quickly. I was staring at nothing, Y/N sitting beside me.

You see, Y/N is my girlfriend

You see, Y/N is my girlfriend. Has been for a while. We are in love. Well, we haven't admitted it to each other yet. Sure, that's okay, but it's stressful when you're a world famous pop singer who everybody thinks is straight as a ruler. I seemed to make that very clear when I was sixteen, seeing as how my closet was made of glass.

My team think that I shouldn't come out to the world. They even put me in a PR stunt relationship just to make people believe that I'm straight. I didn't want to do the PR stunt, but that's the thing. I'm with my label because I signed a contract. I have to do the PR stunts.

I've been wanting to tell my fans that I'm with Y/N, and that we're in a romantic relationship, but my team wouldn't let me. So that's why we're here. In the green room before my show, in silence before I "accidentally" come out to everybody while I'm on stage.

I had more than a couple of reasons to feel anxious; people being homophobic, me getting in trouble, people not supporting me anymore, all of which were enough to frighten me.

I feared how my management were going to react, but then again, I knew they couldn't do much. They're all here because of who? Exactly. Me. What're they gonna do? Fire me?

Finneas knocked on the green room door and I glanced up as he walked in. "We're on in five." He informed me and I nodded as I watched him walk away before looking over at Y/N. She had been looking at me with a concerned face.

I just looked back at her and started laughing, shaking my head. "I'm toast."

She sighed. "You might be. It's okay though, because then everyone can know you're mine."

I shot her a look. I hate when she says that I'm hers, even though we are in a whole ass relationship, but I let it slide just this once.

"True." I sighed, standing up and stretching. "I should get going, I guess." I grumbled, checking myself in the mirror. "Come gimme a good luck kiss."

Y/N happily made her way over, wrapping her arms around my neck and pressing a chaste kiss to my lips before pecking them a couple of times and pulling away. "Good luck, baby."