♛ Night Eleven

'Are you sure that you want to leave for a week?' The man sees her packing a small bag.  

'Don't worry, I'm only going for a week. I'll be back on Saturday.' Ichika makes sure she has everything for the trip. 'Honestly, you worry too much.'  

He goes inside the room. 'Can I? Unlike the others, I know who you are. I don't think it's safe for you.'  

Knocking on the front door disrupts the peace in the building. 'Yes,' responds Ichika. 'I'll leave later tonight or tomorrow morning. Depends on the weather.'  

Another teacher opens the door. 'Takuma? What brings you here?'  

'I was hoping to talk to Ichika. Is she here?'  

Ichika hears the man talk. 'In case I don't see you anymore today, enjoy a week's vacation.' She goes to the stairs.  

'It's two weeks actually, but I'll be back within a week also.' His eyes go to the boy standing at the door. 'Please be careful.'  

'Relax, I'm in safe hands.' Ichika knows she is with him and continues to go downstairs.  

A sigh escapes the man. 'It's not the hands that worry me.'  

'Ichika, could I have a moment of your time?' Takuma sees the casual dress on her. It fits just perfectly and follows the movement of her legs.  

'You can.' She doesn't look back and leaves with him.  

Takuma takes her to the garden before he speaks. 'I wanted to be sure that no one was listening. What are you going to do now that you know about us?'  

'What is there to do? Other than focusing on school and getting my degree. That you and the others are vampires doesn't matter much. Besides, I said that I will keep your secret.' She sits on a bench. 'In any case, I like you for who you are. Not what you are. The few vampires I've seen don't drink from humans. They had blood tablets on them.'  

Takuma takes a seat too. 'Yes, well, it seems that blood tablets aren't always enough. I know that Hanabusa struggles with it because he doesn't want to lose the taste of real blood.'  

'I'll take that as a warning. Although he can't hurt me. If he does, he has to apologize to me because Kaname always seems to know what's happening.' She stares ahead over the field with flowers.  

He agrees with that. 'I know. Hardly anything slips through his attention.' He glances at her. 'Do you have plans for the vacation?' He changes the topic.  

'Actually, I do. I'm going home for a week. Just to get some rest and spend time with my parents.' She nods. 'How about you?'  

'Almost the same, minus the parents. There is something Kaname asked me to do, and this would be the perfect time for it,' reacts Takuma with a faint smile.  

*** 

Ami sights happily. 'Always breathtaking to see the mansion.' The white outer walls and blue-grey rooftops and window sills are exquisitely matched with the stained glass. 'How long do you wish to stay here?'  

The driver parks the car in front of the main entrance. Where he gets out and walks around the car to open the door for his mistress. 'You're home, Lady Ichika.' He bows to her.  

Ichika gets out and has the key in her hands.  

Ami's eyes travel through the maintained front yard before getting out the bag and small suitcase. 'I'll make sure your journals go straight to your private library.'  

'Thank you, Ami.' Ichika opens the door and walks inside the grand foyer. A double stair leads to the hall that separates the bedrooms. In the middle of the foyer is a white round table with a gorgeous lilies bouquet and a chandelier.  

Ami takes the small suitcase straight to the library and unlocks the secret door to a hidden and private library. Where Ichika keeps her journals and other books that no human is meant to see. Quickly, she opens it and organizes them by date. 'Two journals? Well, if you do need to know something, you'll be able to find it.' She's always amazed by how many journals there are. 'Only fifteen books?'  

'That's exactly why I've been keeping a journal my whole life.' Ichika stands in the doorway.

'And I have one journal at the academy. Not much happens there.'  

'One journal per month, I know.' Ami looks at the books. 'Do you wish to have these books here or in the normal library?'  

Ichika shakes no. 'I was planning on reading them.'  

'Your bedroom it is.' Ami closes the suitcase and takes it upstairs. 'Hypothetically speaking, what will happen when they find out?'  

'Someone will organize a soiree to invite every vampire in the vicinity. Once the party starts, they will introduce me to their sons as a potential marriage candidate.' The image alone sends a shiver down Ichika's spine.  

Ami opens the door to the master bedroom. 'I can't remember that you were romantically involved with someone.' She puts the books on the shelf.  

'I used to care about a few people.' Ichika is happy to be in her bedroom again. The warm and light combination of grey, white, beige, and light pink is inviting. 'People come and go, be careful who you let in your life.' She advises her. 'I'd like my tea in the sunroom.'  

'Of course, I'll be down soon.' Ami puts the suitcase away and makes her way to the large open kitchen.  

*** 

Kaname rubs his eyes. The books on his desk are now going back to the eighteenth century. Still no luck to find anything about Ichika. 'This is getting ridiculous. Her name sounds so familiar and yet I haven't seen it anywhere.' That vacation for two weeks is something he uses to search his books.  

'Kaname?' Takuma knocks on the door. He hears a yes and sees it as a sign to go inside. 'Is everything alright?' Again he finds the man surrounded by books. 'If you would tell me what you're looking for, I can help.' He watches where he places his feet to avoid the stacks of books.  

Kaname disagrees. 'No, I just have to find something, but I can't remember where and when I've encountered it.'  

'Ah, yes, you do have quite a history to go through. I can only hope to live that long.' Takuma starts to clear the floor.  

Kaname won't say anything. He's glad that Takuma shows initiative. 'As long as you don't do anything rash or stupid, your chances are high to live a long life.'  

'Thank you.' Takuma smiles widely and puts another ten books back in the bookcase.  

'Did you want anything from me, Takuma?' Kaname lays down a book on a stack.   

'No, not really. I could sense your uneasiness, and I hoped I could help you with something.' Takuma bows to him. 'I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude...'  

'It's okay. Enjoy your vacation by going to your parents. You wouldn't be the only one to leave to visit family.' Kaname interrupts him while assuring him that it's fine. 'Many students went home. From both the Night and the Day Class.'  

'Thank you, Kaname.' Takuma still has something to do. 'In a few days maybe.'  

*** 

Behind the window on a branch is an owl hiding in the shadow that the tree is providing and watching their every move. He shakes his feathers without taking his eyes off the two men in the room. A while later the other man is alone and continues to read a book in leather-bound. Within a few minutes, the owl moves away from the window and flies away.  

Ami waited patiently with tea. 'Are you back?'  

'Yes.' Ichika finds the cup of tea. 'He hasn't found me yet, but I'm sure that it won't be long.'

☙❧