♛ Night Ninety-Two

Kaname keeps his word and collects the few things he needs before teleporting to Ichika. Good luck, Hanabusa. 

'This way, Milord.' Ami was informed and led him upstairs to a guest room. Her bedroom is on the other side. I think she did that for a reason. 'This is the wardrobe, and that door leads to the bathroom. Does your suit need cleaning, steaming, or anything else?' 

'No, it's ready for tomorrow. Thank you.' He notices the ceiling painting. 'Where can I find Ichika?' 

Ami waits by the door. 'She spends her time in the library, her study, or the greenhouse. I will show you, Milord.' 

Having her waiting for him, he hurries up to put everything away and follows her. It's the first time I'm in her mansion. Paying attention to where she leads him, he finds himself in a huge library. 'Ichika?' 

Ami senses her presence. 'She's here, Milord.' 

He can hear the piano and follow the music. Just like that time at the academy. He finds her further inside in front of the piano with the fireplace lit. 

Just relax, you're quite stressed because of everything with Yuki. Ichika knows him well enough for that. 

He takes the couch closest to her and closes his eyes. What a change. This is the kind of welcome home I want. Finally able to clear his head, he drifts away listening to her play the piano. 

*** 

Ichika knows that he fell asleep at some point but it doesn't matter and kept playing. It's almost time to go to bed. She gets up and looks at him. 'Kaname.' She runs her hand through his hair to wake him up. 

Feeling the gentle touch, he opens his eyes. 'Now that's a better way to wake up.' He sits straight and pulls her with him. 

She ends up in his arms. 'It's almost time to go to bed. I don't know your ritual, but I tend to take a bath first.' She doesn't object to it. 

'I do feel a lot better. Thanks for not waking me up earlier.' He turns her and wraps his arms around her. 

'More importantly, less stress. Otherwise, you wouldn't fall asleep. Do you want something to drink? Water with a blood tablet or tea?' I can't deny that this does feel rather comfortable. She does enjoy it. 

'No, I'm good. Thanks for offering.' He plays with her hair. 'Why didn't it work out for us? We would be a power couple.' Even though I was meant to marry Yuki. That used to be the plan. A plan from the past. Why can't I have the future that I want? 

She closes her eyes for a moment. 'My family kept me a secret from the world. It changed when I was old enough to travel and when my parents died.' 

'I had no idea. It must have been hard for you.' He thinks back to when he first met her. No, I've seen her before the academy. But where? 

'It was a long time ago.' She replies while turning her head. 'You know how it goes for Purebloods. Since my parents only had two daughters, they wanted to find a suitable candidate for my sister and me. I did ask one time, but my mother had no intention of trying again just in the hope to get a son. Chances were that she could get another girl.' 

His hand goes through her hair and stays there. 'As much as I want to avoid the topic, we do need to talk about it. How do you think you can make her listen?' 

She turns in his arms. 'I told Hanabusa that I would wait until after the meeting tomorrow. I'm going to tell you the same and that you have to wait for a few nights. I can't have you to be distracted when you will talk for all of us. We're talking about the future for the vampires.'