♛ Night Forty-Three

'So he's finally coming?' Senri is outside with Rima, Ruka, Hanabusa, and Akatsuki. 

Rima nods. 'We knew that. He took his time.' 

Hanabusa realizes the vampires are close. 'I can't believe that Kenji won't take no for an answer. Lady Ichika is clear that she's not interested. So why attack at all?' 

'Because the idiot convinced himself that he's in love? Why ask questions we cannot answer?' Akatsuki admits he doesn't like it. 

'It doesn't matter. He's coming for Lady Ichika. She's a Pureblood, and I will not let him.' Ruka shakes her head. Ready to counter the attack. 

The vampires charge right at them after coming over the fence. 

'No one here will allow you to get any closer.' Hanabusa is the first to stop them. 

'That's right! Cross Academy will defend all students! It doesn't matter whether they are Day or Night Class students!' Yuki jumps in between while taking her Artemis rod and expands it into a long staff. 

Rima shakes her head. 'Can't you just defend the Day Class? We got it covered here.' 

Senri pushes the girl away and into Zero's arms. 'You're in the way.' He punctures a hole in his finger to activate his power. Blood comes out and turns into a whip. Using it, he hits a few vampires. Causing the others to attack as well. 

Ruka compels the two vampires closer to her. Only to attack and kill each other instead of her. 

Akatsuki fires his fire at the vampires and can kill the four coming for him. 

Hanabusa freezes three vampires and is assisted by Akatsuki. 'Keep going.' 

All while Zero simply shoots them with Bloody Rose to keep them away from Yuki. 'They have the situation well under control, Yuki.' 

'You're not needed here.' Rima uses her electricity on two vampires. 

Ichika, who's close but out of sight, uses one of her powers to control the water on the vampires. 

Rima catches on and electrifies six instantly. 'Do it again.' 

'Who did that?' Hanabusa freezes one again. 'The water? Who was that?' 

'Not one of us. Maybe Lord Kaname or Lady Ichika. Just because they're not here doesn't mean they won't help. It's effective and that's what matters,' reacts Senri. 

Ichika controls the water again and drenches the vampires near the group. 

Rima directs her electricity towards them and kills another six vampires. 'Akatsuki! Melt Hanabusa's ice for me!' 

*** 

Kaien waited at the main entrance for the vampires. He's aware more vampires came and are probably fighting their way inside. 'I will not allow you to come any closer.' He pulls the elastic out of his ponytail. 'Where is Kenji?' 

'I don't know where my master is. He only asked me to kill you.' 

'Kaien Cross, the legendary hunter.' A man recognizes him. 'You won't stand a chance against us. We're with many.' 

Kaien has his jagged sword ready. 'There is also death in numbers. It's called a massacre. You will not get past me.' He charges straight at them. Killing the first four within a minute. Coloring his sword in blood. 

*** 

Closer to the lake, Ichika is with Takuma. She knows Kaname is close to and together with Seiren. 

'Was that Rima?' Takuma is ready with his katana in his hand. 

'Yes, she was able to kill six at the same time.' Ichika replies while scanning the area. She's more on the lookout for Kenji. Since he's attacking the academy from two sides, she knows that he will come from another corner to surprise them. 'They all work together. You worry about them.' 

'Of course, they are my friends.' Takuma smiles. 'Although it seems like they can't get any closer. Not to us like this.' 

Ichika disagrees. 'Kenji will find a way to get to me. I know he has a few backup plans.' 

'Do you know which backup plans?' He keeps close to her. 

'Takuma heads up, I see someone coming. He has company.' Seiren watches from a tree to oversee it all. 

'My, my, you surprised me, Ichika. Kaien Cross fighting by the main gate. Your minions keep the others busy, and here you are. Only protected by this fool.' Kenji shows himself. Flanked by ten other vampires. 'But it doesn't matter what you do. Only you can stop this by coming with me and becoming my wife.' 

Ichika declines. 'I think not. What is it that I need to do in order for you to leave me alone? Never in my life would I take you as a husband...' 

'But I'm the perfect candidate.' Kenji interrupts her. 'I'm the only one for you. As you are the only one for me.' 

'That will not happen. She made it clear that she doesn't want you.' Takuma points his katana at him. 'If you don't leave her alone and leave this place, I will make you.' 

'Get out of my way, you pest. You're at most an aristocrat, and she should be with a Pureblood.' Kenji sends the vampires at him. 

Ichika keeps a straight face when Takuma kills the ten easily. 'They are not my minions. Maybe you see them like that, I consider each of them a friend.' 

'Now, you're the fool, Ichika. You can just use your power over them to have them do whatever you need them to do.' Kenji is not happy that his entourage is dead within a few minutes. 

Takuma kills the last one. 'Treating us as equals, earned all our respect. At least she wants to make a change to keep us all alive. You seem like someone who only treats humans as food and other vampires as minions. You just said it yourself, and I have no respect for someone like you.' 

'Ichika, you have no taste in men...' 

'Takuma is more of a man than you will ever be,' bounces Ichika back. 'Kenji, I declined your proposal twice. I'm rejecting you for the third time. When will you realize that I'm not into you? And nothing you do will make me change my mind.' 

'I thought you might say that. I brought along this one.' Kenji snaps his fingers and someone comes out. 'Tetsuya, you want revenge, right?' He looks to the boy and back to the woman. 'She's responsible for your mother's death.' 

***