♛ Night Twenty-Four

Ami waits patiently for Ichika. She knows the photoshoot should be almost over. She jumps when her phone starts vibrating in her bag. Quickly, she walks away to answer it. 

Ichika saw it and smiled while posing for another picture. 

'Yes, thank you, that was the last one.' The photographer lowers the camera. 

Relieved, Ichika takes off the stiletto's first. 'Thank you. Normal heels are fine, but not with stiletto's.' 

The man laughs. 'I'll make sure the photos come your way soon.' 

'Great, I can look for a dress for the ball next month.' Ichika knows that she has enough at home. 

'A ball?' The designer picked it up. 'You mean like a prom?' 

Ami nods. 'Yes, right after her exams and for students only.' 

'Let me.' The designer picks a few dresses off a rack. 'Pack these four for me. Ichika can have them.' He turns back. 'Although it's a closed party at the academy, you can wear them more often. You get out more and can show them.' 

Ichika chuckles. 'It's fine, you wouldn't be the first to ask me this.' She gets two bags with the dresses and heads for the dressing room to change back into her clothes. 

'Would you want me to take them to your mansion?' Ami smiles and takes the bags. 

'I'll keep these four with me at the academy.' Ichika exits the studio with her. 'Any other clothes I'll receive will go to the mansion. With Kenji on the loose, the others will find out about me. And when that happens, I'll have to go to soiree's and other parties.' 

'I know you wanted to keep it quiet for the sake of your study.' Ami goes through her phone. 'Since you have your exams soon, I've kept your agenda empty.' 

'Oh, fantastic, that means I can focus on studying.' Ichika gets into the car. 

Ami gets in and the car drives away. 'I was able to get a month free from photoshoots. That also allows us to investigate Kenji.' 

Ichika nods. 'And Tetsuya too. Let's hope that it will be enough.' 

*** 

'Is it me or are the girls more excited than usual?' Ichika can tell that she's being watched. She doesn't have to turn around to know that it's Ruka. 

Rima nods. 'The ball is getting closer and most girls hope to end up in their ball book or something.' 

'You might get asked for a dance too.' Senri smirks. 

Takuma yawns. 

Ichika sees it. 'Are you not awake or what? I'm sure your day was quieter than mine. I did have three photoshoots.' 

'That's not it. I need to talk to you alone when we get back.' Takuma notices Kaname coming down with Seiren right behind him. He knows it's quite the difference because Ichika is right on time. 

'I know.' Ichika squeezes his arm gently. 'Old habits.' 

Akatsuki laughs. 'Are you talking in a code language? When are you going to make it official, Takuma?' 

'I don't know. We've been on two dates so not yet.' Takuma looks at her. 'I know you have an old soul.' 

'Old soul?' Ichika repeats. 'What's next? That I'm antique?' 

Senri laughs at his friend. 'Careful what you say to her.' 

Kaname listens with a faint smile. 

'No, no, God no, I'm sorry. It won't happen again.' Takuma excuses himself.