Following Donna: Chapter 3

It was an early start to Donna's day because she and Sam had scheduled to have brunch with Sophie and Sky. She had to get dressed and ready two whole hours before she normally wakes up. Donna stumbles to the ringing phone.
"Hello?" Donna yawned into her phone.
"Hi mom! I was wondering if Sky and I could meet you and Sam earlier?" Sophie said with urgency.
"Sure, I mean, Sam's probably out around here somewhere and I just got up, so I'll get ready and meet you there in about thirty minutes?" Donna replied.
" Yeah I'll see you later! We also have a surprise for you and Sam! But I'll talk to you later," Sophie's voice was refreshing for Donna.
"Yeah, I'll see you later baby, bye."
Donna poured a cup of Dark Roast and brought it outside. Sam met eyes with his wife.
"Well good morning babe," Sam said while pecking Donna on the forehead.
"what's up?" Sam asked
" Sophie called and wanted us to meet her early. I said we'd be there in a half hour, so I'm going to go get ready. Okay?" Donna said.
"I ready when you are," Sam said through a smile.
"Donna jogged back to her malfunctioning bathroom, pulled out her washcloth and cleanses her face. After a couple winks of ascaris and a swipe of Chapstick, Donna goes to her closet and finds a casual blouse with some Capri pants. When she finished getting ready, she put her coffee mug in the sink and slipped on some sandals to go out in. Once she gets outside, Donna sees Sam by the stairs looking perfect. They start to walk down the steps together.
"Apparently Sophie and Sky have a surprise for us when we get there, it's kind of stressing me out." Donna said with a worried expression.
"It's okay, it's probably just another photo from Italy or somewhere they went." Sam always soothes Donna when she gets frazzled.
"Your probably right." Donna said relaxing a little bit now. they reach the little truck, hop In and they don't speak at all until they board the 9:45 ferry to the mainland.
"Where did they make reservations?" Sam asked his wife.
"Café Sophia, of course, it's Sophie's favorite." Donna smiles and kisses Sam.
When they arrive to the front of the café, Donna grabs Sam's hand and squeezes it, still worried about the 'surprise' that she was soon to receive. The couple walk into the restaurant together and find Sophie and Sky in the booth closest to the door.
"Mom!" Sophie jumps up and hugs her mom and dad.
"Hi! I missed you guys!" Donna squeals.
Sam and Sky Shake hands and then they all sit down. Everyone orders their usual drinks.
"So, are you going to give us our surprises, or slowly kill us from the inside out from waiting?" Donna asks Sky and Sophie.
"Okay okay, well it's not really a physical thing. It's a name. Mom and Dad, soon, someone will call you grandma and grandpa! We're pregnant!" Sophie squealed with her mother. As they we hugging again and talking non-sense, Sky and Sam shook hands again and Sam congratulated the both of them. As the girls came back down from cloud nine, Donna started asking serious questions.
"How far along are you?" Donna inquired.
"Three months," Sophie smiled.
"I was wondering why you were a little bigger, I guessed it was all of the pasta from Italy," Donna joked.
"Nope, well maybe. Plus the baby." Sophie smiles.
The family talks all the way through breakfast about the future and raising a child. The group returns to Villa Donna, goes into the kitchen to put away the boxes of leftovers. Sam turns on a soccer game and the family watch and socialize until they all are too tired to keep their eyes open. Through their drowsiness, none of them notice that it's only 10 pm.
"Take care of my grand baby and get some sleep, Soph," Donna yawned. Sophie smiled, got up and hugged her mom before she took Sky's hand to bring him to her room to sleep. "Goodnight Donna, goodnight Sam," Sky yawned.
"See you tomorrow," Sam replied with a quiet voice as if his grand baby was sleeping.
Both of the couples went to their rooms, changed into pajamas and snuggled into bed. Sky wrapped his arm around Sophie rubbing her baby bump. Next door, Sam and Donna got close and were about to fall asleep when Sam's cell phone rang. It was Lorraine, Sam's ex wife. From here, it was all a blur. Apparently, Jason, Sam's son got in a major car accident. Donna let Sophie and Sky sleep and she also stayed home while Sam went back to London to support his son.