[ Chapter VI : Corruption ]

☾ Third Point of View ☽

Third Point of View

The sound of the clock clicked in the background as the pale haired prince drowned in his sorrows. Claude was someone he wished to be loved by, he wanted to stay by his side— and tomorrow he was sending him back to a field of blood and death.

Atanas was strong, he would be fine.

The 9 year old boy sat on the edge of his bed, hands clasped together as they rested on his lap. It was already past noon time, and he should be asleep to gather the energy for tomorrow.

His eyes were not shining with innocence like Athanasia, the light behind his eyes were long stripped of when he was forced to kill a human being.

Atanas was strong though, he would be fine.

The battle field was perhaps not as bad as what he heard of from Felix. The front lines was somewhere that anything could kill you if you let your guard down for even one second. He could survive...

Atanas stared down at his hands in his lap before his eyes widened a little. His right hand was trembling— he quickly squeezed it with his opposite hand in attempt to stop the shaking.

Atanas was not strong enough.

He was scared.

Knock
Knock

His head shot up at the noise, attention going to the door of his room. "Your highness...? Are you awake?"

'Felix.' The boy quietly thought to himself.

He couldn't face him— not after what happened today. He managed to avoid Claude's eyes but he wouldn't be able to avoid Felix's gaze if he were to meet him like this.

Atanas stayed quiet, not responding to the call.

Despite the lack of answer, he heard a small 'forgive my intrusion' and the sound of his door opening.

His posture stiffened as he heard Felix enter his room, but did not greet him. Instead, the guard came to him and gently kneeled in front of the young Prince.

Felix frowned as Atanas kept his jeweled eyes cast down, avoiding eye contact.

"Your highness... I understand that you may feel frustrated, and I'm sorry for my lack of care to you." He apologized, bowing his head.

Atanas's fists tightened as he shook his head. He refused to be vulnerable in front of the red head. He couldn't be vulnerable in front of anyone— as no one cared to listen in the first place.