𝟮𝟬| 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘆, 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁

✩。:*•

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

Home

11:AM

"Hello, Oh Baek's mother."

Nam Doo is yet again in a phone call with Ahn Jin Ju. She keeps bugging him for the dinner meeting, but she has to be baited for a bit longer to make it look that Kim Jay is a busy man who doesn't have any spare time for her.

"You called again. Of course, I told him. But it's not easy to arrange his schedule for you. He's a busy man, you see."

At the same time, Joon Jae runs from room to room, looking for something (or someone).

"I'll remind him a few more times, but don't get your hopes up."

He approaches the second-floor gaming room where you and Tae Oh are, running here and there, not hearing you ask him, "what are you looking for?" before he runs down the stairs again.

"Sure, goodbye." Nam Doo's done with the phone call by the time Joon Jae's back on the first floor.

"This lady is making such a fuss. Why are you making a fuss?" Watching Joon Jae look into your and Tae Oh's bedroom.

"Are you looking for someone, Cheong?"

He is still looking around and a bit out of breath, "What? No," he dodges.

"Where's Hana and Tae Oh?" He knows well enough that the both of you are upstairs.

"Hey, you're a con artist. Why do you suck at lying?"

The front door opens, and Shim Cheong comes in with someone else. A little girl?

"I told you to have your phone charged!" Joon Jae yells at Shim Cheong. You don't hear the rest of the conversation because of a text you get from an unknown number. His number.

'Hana, it's me, Chi Hyun. Can we meet up today?'

As much as you don't want to, the day has come where you can no longer avoid your past. You type, delete and retype the sentence you need to reply. Short and to the point seems to be the safest option. You consider saying no or all-around ghost him, but avoiding it will just make the matter lasts longer, and you don't want to get constant texts from him, not wanting Tae Oh to know.

Tae Oh knows and has comforted you from all the nightmares of your past that woke you up in the middle of the night, gasping and searching for comfort. Every time you talked about your past, albeit the edited edition, he couldn't help but let his emotions get the best of him, from clenching his fist to you having to hold him back from tracking down all the people that did you wrong and making them pay.

Most of the time, he is calm, collected and a bit childish sometimes. But if it comes to your safety and well-being, he changes to a whole different person. You don't want to know what he would do to Chi Hyun if he knew that someone who hurt you would be back in contact with you.